Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pedophilia: Just another sexual orientation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

tbh there really isn't no curing or prevent pedophiles from commiting sexual assaults. only way to treat it is to catch them early, when they're kids. most pedophiles have been victims of child abuse themselves and never spoke out or sought counseling. the ones who haven't been victims themselves may have shown signs of being pedophiles as a youth but their parents either didn't catch on to it or ignored it. that kid eventually grew to be an adult and at that point there is no saving that person unless they want to change their behavior or get locked up.

Actually that's not true. There have been some medical interventions that help stop pedophiles from acting on their desires. For some, medical castration (that reduces their libido and makes it impossible for them to physically have sex) works. I've also read that a combination of medical castration, plus some of the medications used for anxiety/depression/ocd combined with regular therapy also work and reduce recidivism.

They talked about this on lisa ling's visit to pedophile island and I know I've read articles on it (plus they were talking about it on my local npr today).
Sponsored Links

James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Not to say this isn't true but where are your sources to support this claim?

tbh there really isn't no curing or prevent pedophiles from commiting sexual assaults. only way to treat it is to catch them early, when they're kids. most pedophiles have been victims of child abuse themselves and never spoke out or sought counseling. the ones who haven't been victims themselves may have shown signs of being pedophiles as a youth but their parents either didn't catch on to it or ignored it. that kid eventually grew to be an adult and at that point there is no saving that person unless they want to change their behavior or get locked up.

that is just from experience imho. i haven't done any research on it.

tbh i used to work with families and dealt with a few sexual abuse cases and after speaking with the peperpetrators, i noticed a trend that some of them were victims as children. one guy was 11 when he got caught assaulting a female cousin and was sent to a facility for 4 years. he told me his father molested him when he was a child and he was copying what happened to him.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:34pm
wait--didnt BHM once say all men are pedafiles?  it might have been a gimme sentiment...dont remember
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

do you mean seeing signs when they are like teens are something james?
yea and maybe even younger.

what signs would they be looking for in a pre-teen? 
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

wait--didnt BHM once say all men are pedafiles?  it might have been a gimme sentiment...dont remember

that or rapists. i think that was one of the bitter britches group. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:37pm

yes.
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actually that's not true. There have been some medical interventions that help stop pedophiles from acting on their desires. For some, medical castration (that reduces their libido and makes it impossible for them to physically have sex) works. I've also read that a combination of medical castration, plus some of the medications used for anxiety/depression/ocd combined with regular therapy also work and reduce recidivism.

They talked about this on lisa ling's visit to pedophile island and I know I've read articles on it (plus they were talking about it on my local npr today).

i never heard of those methods being used. i'm not doubting there are methods out there to treat pedophiles, i just feel they don't work on adult pedophiles.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

that or rapists. i think that was one of the bitter britches group. 

I do believe the BHM consensus was in the 99 percentile that all men were both.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:41pm
The accepted theory is that pedophiles are created by other pedophiles. That by being abused you create the sexual attraction to children.

"In searching for causes of pedophilia, researchers have largely dismissed the popular belief that abuse in childhood plays an important role. Studies show that few victims grow up to be abusers, and only about a third of offenders say they were molested."

If only a third of offenders say they were abused then there has to be more to being sexually attracted to children. This new research is saying that it's possible that being sexually attracted to children is innate...it's already there before you're born.

soarlikecruz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote soarlikecruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:41pm
somebody needs their @$$ beat
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>