BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

PCOS ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:29pm
I'm 22 and my dr said I'm probably going to have issues conceiving too its scary but there is always a way
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

weight loss (if you are overweight, no offense) is the best treatment

i had a friend who did great controlling her pcos and lost a lot of weight on Metformin

LOL it's ok. I am
nowhere near over weight lol. But I did gain 15 pounds while taking some meds they put me on. I lost it tho ☺️

ok sorry, a lot of pcos patients are
the increase peripheral conversion of estrogen in extra adipose tissue messes up your hormones
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Check youtube a lot of people talk about pcos

my dr thought I had it because my periods were absolutely crazy but I had a sonogram and they didnt see any cysts im still on edge about my periods though

They also thought (and still think) that I have endemetriosis. They wanted to do a laparoscopy. My concern is in November I had an internal ultrasound and thru found inflammation in my ovarian tubes. Then I went to the doc in January and I have all these cysts. I'm confused
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:31pm

weight loss (if you are overweight, no offense) is the best treatment

i had a friend who did great controlling her pcos and lost a lot of weight on Metformin

LOL it's ok. I am
nowhere near over weight lol. But I did gain 15 pounds while taking some meds they put me on. I lost it tho ☺️

ok sorry, a lot of pcos patients are
the increase peripheral conversion of estrogen in extra adipose tissue messes up your hormones

Lol it's ok. My grandmother said I've been showing signs since I was a baby. I had hair on my back. But I wasn't overweight so she never said anything
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:37pm

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

PR, the health section had a lot of threads on it. Look for soulcysters.com (or a forum like that) where women talk about conception. Methformin seems to help a lot, milk thistle or something else. I know we've had at least 5 threads in TTT on this. Diane - 35 helps too.

My gynae is always like when you ready to get pregnant i got you what his treatment is i dunno. My derm and my gynae suggested the methform derm cause of the spots gyna cause he said my blood sugar was the higher side of normal (i crave sweets cause thats what PCOS does lol) 

When i finally gave in to  methform it had me all the wayyyyyyyyyy messed up (for a week). dropped my blood sugar too low and i had the nauseau, shakes, hallucination, and the hot and cold i sworse i was gonna die. UNTILLLLLLLL i realise i needed to break the pill in half and eat half before a meal, alf after. then i stopped taking it and that was quite fine with him.

The cysts can be a issue with conception but do you know if you are ovulating? Do you know the signs of ovualtion? Can you buy ovulation test kits? Ive been putting that off for 2 years now smh.

I know for a fact I am not ovulating. In fact the doctor said "your not ovulating". I'm not producing progesterone ? Idk what it was called. But the ovulation cycle isn't going all the way through resulting in cysts. So he gave me 4 months of BC free. I think he felt bad :-/

that's the right name. your progesterone is supposed to rise after you ovulate, so that if pregnancy occurs, the progesterone will maintain the tissue needed for the developing embryo. the birth control likely has combined estrogen and progestin 

(sorry, i like to know why docs are giving me stuff)
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:41pm
LOL Southern i didnt even realise i was talking in the 3rd person.  
Is it still available statewide, was it ever?
That ish cleared up my ex-bestie acne sooooooo wicked (before she used retin a)

We shoulg use the english spelling so its gynaecology, so gynae = gyno lolol

Prnena, there is help dont worry. Zupreme had PCOS and had a baby. Im looking through the talk archives but im seeing members talk about their diagnosis) managing the condition but not conception really. Im headed back to search health

PRnenaHug Hug do you take notice vagina discharge changes  during your cycle? Or better yet do you see the eggwhite type discharge 2 weeks before your period?

The body can work this ish out, you may need hormones to jump start those eggs no worries. the last time my doctor cursed me for missing a period (i was stressed) and not going back on methformin when he did the vagina exam my period start BISH

Edited by Diane (35) - May 20 2014 at 7:55pm
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:42pm
@southern lol he explained all that even drew me a diagram and all. I was just In such shock :/
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:21pm

@southern lol he explained all that even drew me a diagram and all. I was just In such shock :/

good. my doctors suck and don't explain anything. 15 minutes and they're out 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:28pm
I have PCOS...

Diane gave lots of tips...and I would also recommend seeing a endocrinologist....
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

I'm 22 and my dr said I'm probably going to have issues conceiving too its scary but there is always a way

Hug HauteShellbi, is it PCOS or some other conditon

PRnena he gave you that ish free cause you can get pregnant same way (one egg just develops and releases) and he does not want you to think you have a free rideWink here's BHM member Pandora from Jan 2008 
BFD....if you only knew!!! Whats worse is if your sexually active. You dont know if your cycle that month is annovulatory (where you dont drop a egg ) or ovulatory. This means if i have sex ,whether i cycle, the next month i need to EPT if i feel odd. I have a friend with PCOS who didnt find out she was pregnant until 12 weeks because she didnt think she was ovulation but apparently one time it happened

What is your doctor's next step in your PCOS treatment? That is after you Check for endometriosis?

Clomid is the drug for ovulation. Mehtofrmin is the diabetic drug that it turns out also helps ovulation. Check the forum for the experiences of TTC women on each
http://www.advancedfertility.com/clomid-pcos-treatment.htm
http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20070207/clomiphene-best-for-pcos-infertility

soulcyster.net">http://www.soulcyster.net is the website and forum (they even have a section for unique cysters for ethnicDeadDead and rainbow cysters) smh and thin cysters are included in that grouping lol

it seems in 2010 soulcysters was down and there was migration to to http://www.cysterworld.com/forum.php (you have to join to see most sub-forums)

Edited by Diane (35) - May 20 2014 at 8:40pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>