BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

PCOS ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCOS ?
    Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:59pm
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has PCOS or is familiar with it. I was diagnosed with it in january after having many painful issues with my uterus  lady parts for about 4 months. I had to leave my old job and move back home on bedrest for a couple of months. I am so new to this and i know BHM keeps it real!

Was anyone able to have kids? That is my main concern.  I know this is a sensitive subject so feel free to PM me. I am just going for my 3 month follow up after being on BC to see if the issue has been resolved. If not I may have to get my ovaries removed. I am only 20 so I am trying to do everything BUT that. Cry

I have about 20 cysts on each ovary. *sigh*

Edited by PRnena - May 20 2014 at 6:00pm
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:57pm
im a little familiar with it. thought i might have it but its supposed to start a lot younger than what i am. 
so my symptoms are probably more increased estrogen related but not PCOS per se.

sorry i have no say about fertility, no interest 

Edited by SoutherNtellect - May 20 2014 at 6:57pm
Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:59pm
I've heard plenty of stories of women having children, but it was always one of those cases where they didn't know until later.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:59pm
weight loss (if you are overweight, no offense) is the best treatment

i had a friend who did great controlling her pcos and lost a lot of weight on Metformin
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:16pm
I have a friend that has it and she is taking metformin to treat it as well as OCPs
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:22pm
Check youtube a lot of people talk about pcos

my dr thought I had it because my periods were absolutely crazy but I had a sonogram and they didnt see any cysts im still on edge about my periods though
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:22pm
PR, the health section had a lot of threads on it. Look for soulcysters.com (or a forum like that) where women talk about conception. Methformin seems to help a lot, milk thistle or something else. I know we've had at least 5 threads in TTT on this. Diane - 35 helps too.

My gynae is always like when you ready to get pregnant i got you what his treatment is i dunno. My derm and my gynae suggested the methform derm cause of the spots gyna cause he said my blood sugar was the higher side of normal (i crave sweets cause thats what PCOS does lol) 

When i finally gave in to  methform it had me all the wayyyyyyyyyy messed up (for a week). dropped my blood sugar too low and i had the nauseau, shakes, hallucination, and the hot and cold i sworse i was gonna die. UNTILLLLLLLL i realise i needed to break the pill in half and eat half before a meal, alf after. then i stopped taking it and that was quite fine with him.

The cysts can be a issue with conception but do you know if you are ovulating? Do you know the signs of ovualtion? Can you buy ovulation test kits? Ive been putting that off for 2 years now smh.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

weight loss (if you are overweight, no offense) is the best treatment

i had a friend who did great controlling her pcos and lost a lot of weight on Metformin

LOL it's ok. I am
nowhere near over weight lol. But I did gain 15 pounds while taking some meds they put me on. I lost it tho ☺️
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

PR, the health section had a lot of threads on it. Look for soulcysters.com (or a forum like that) where women talk about conception. Methformin seems to help a lot, milk thistle or something else. I know we've had at least 5 threads in TTT on this. Diane - 35 helps too.

My gynae is always like when you ready to get pregnant i got you what his treatment is i dunno. My derm and my gynae suggested the methform derm cause of the spots gyna cause he said my blood sugar was the higher side of normal (i crave sweets cause thats what PCOS does lol) 

When i finally gave in to  methform it had me all the wayyyyyyyyyy messed up (for a week). dropped my blood sugar too low and i had the nauseau, shakes, hallucination, and the hot and cold i sworse i was gonna die. UNTILLLLLLLL i realise i needed to break the pill in half and eat half before a meal, alf after. then i stopped taking it and that was quite fine with him.

The cysts can be a issue with conception but do you know if you are ovulating? Do you know the signs of ovualtion? Can you buy ovulation test kits? Ive been putting that off for 2 years now smh.

lol @ you talking about yourself in 3rd person
what is gyna/gynae?
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I know for a fact I am not ovulating. In fact the doctor said "your not ovulating". I'm not producing progesterone ? Idk what it was called. But the ovulation cycle isn't going all the way through resulting in cysts. So he gave me 4 months of BC free. I think he felt bad :-/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic