Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pcos, thinning and bald spots oh my.....

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
carmellati30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmellati30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pcos, thinning and bald spots oh my.....
    Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:07am
Hello, so I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrom) and I'm finding out that because my hormone levels are basically out of wack this could be contributing to my hair loss. I would believe it but I used to wear sew in weaves alot and while they made the back of my hair grow down my back, by top leave out part has suffered alot. I have a few small bald spots that have been bald for some time now leading me to believe the hair will not come back. I've have thin temple areas as long as I can remember but they have become more and more thin. Has anyone else experienced this and overcame it? Also back in August of 2013 I cut my hair down to the new growth and plan on staying natural because I want dreads now but I want to know if there's anything I can do to regrow these poor lil spots of mine...
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:51pm
Welcome to BHM.  NOt trying to discourage you but I feel that you would fare better at the PCOS forum because they have a list of supplements that help regulate your hormones, like vitex, some supplement/food product that is derived from buckwheat, alternating your diet, etc.  But I believe there are members who are dealing with PCOS so be patient and someone will chime in.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 1:54pm
I have PCOS I would put my hair problems partly down to this but my own misadventure. I have not been that good at looking after my natural hair whilst wearing wig/weaves and even relaxers.

My hair is very fine and despite knowing this I have used relaxers to have straight hair instead of maybe texlaxing or going natural. This has resulted in my hair being weak and brittle. Using wigs has grown my hair but my edges are so-so and whilst I don't have bald spots I definitely have patches that are a little 'lighter' than others.

Right now I am using Jamaican Castor oil and megatek on my edges, Aphogee to strengthen my hair and a good deep conditioner for moisture, coconut oil and a spray in moisturizer on my natural hair under my wigs. I'm also trying Hairfinity to try and get the right amount of vitamins into my body to stimulate hair growth.

Try using Jamaican Castor oil on your edges and try to avoid putting any stress on those edges.
carmellati30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmellati30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:43pm
Thanks for your reply. I tried the Jamaican black castor oil but not as often as I probably should to see results. I use cocnut oil and wild growth hair oil. I gotta look for medtek, ive never heard of it.
arasskle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arasskle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:16pm
How have you been using the mega-tek? I just got a bottle and I have been reading tons of reviews, but no-one has really given any details on the regimen.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:20am
I just squeeze a bit into the palm of my hand and rub it into my hairline - nothing complicated.

The same with Jamaican castor oil.

Some people use megatek as a conditioner - there are a few threads around here with some regimes on there.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic