Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Passion22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCOS and vitex or maca
    Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 12:21am
Hi I have pcos Im currently taking 2000 mg of vitex a day also saw palmetto.I was taking Maca and was having regulated monthlys due to its use I want to kno if any women with pcos have used herbs only in ttc.I tried metformin a few years ago n it made me lose weight im a petite lady and would like to gain so metformin is not an option for me.I would really be grateful in knowing the natural methods that can help to conceive and what you ladies have tried?
Sponsored Links

TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 1:27pm

If your PCOS is causing a hormonal imbalance (excess androgens) then please STOP the maca.  It will make it worse.  Vitex and Saw Palmetto will benefit you the most.  Vitex (Chasteberry) is what is recommended most for boosting fertility.

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 8:21pm
What about eating yams?

dashi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 6:29pm
Yesterday I was watching embarrassing illness on channel 4 (UK) and there was a lady with PCOS and her issue was not able to conceive because she was on birth control pills to control/cope with the condition and she had a lot of facial hair. The doctor did some tests and her androgens were almost normal not high at all so her pills were discontinued and she got some laser treatment for the facial hair and some other drugs were prescribed for the hair.

Have you had your blood tests done? I think the lady was diagnosed with the condition when she was 17 and she must been in her late twenties and apparently her testosterone had gone down since then.
tonibleu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 5:09pm
I've been diagnosed for 3+ years and I started out on birth control to regulate symptoms.

Now, for the last 9 months I've been only using Vitex and red rasberry leaf. I've had a period without birth control for this duration and I didn't take any herbs for a month and I still had a period that month, which is rare because I have to take either birth control or vitex to have a period.

Vitex works with the pituitary land to fix LH levels and I swear by it. It treats the root cause instead of the symptoms like birth control plus I don't feel birth control is safe for long term use especially for women with pcos

Diet is also very important. I've cut out a lot of sugar and white flour because it helps promote insulin resistance, which most pcos sufferer already have problems with

Hope this helps
tonibleu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 5:11pm
Also

If you're taking a herb..the tincture instead of the capsules are always for potent and faster acting. I've never tried the capsules only the tinctures or liquid form of the herb.

You also can make your own tincture if vitex is readily available in your yard/area
Bahiyieh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2011 at 12:10am
Whoa- I didn't know about these treatments, I'll definitely look into them! For the moment, I'm staying on my bcp though because I, miraculously conceived (haven't had periods for 4-5years, even my reproductive endocrinologist said I wasn't ovulating and has no idea how !) and am not ready for another one yet! Plus, I'm sure all of those above listed are not safe while breastfeeding, just wanted to let you ladies know, there's hope!

Passion22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 9:08pm

The first brand of Maca I used seemed like it was really balancing my hormones out my skin was clear and had a nice glow.When I stopped using it and start experimenting with the vitex thats when I noticed the acne again.The brand I was using before was solaray and the brand I have now is the natrol brand and its not wowing me.Idk maybe I need to just give it more time but Im just using this brand til I run out then I think Ill consider going back to the other brand.As far as the SP I've been using it for a month but Im not noticing much of a diff.

Passion22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 9:09pm

I stopped taking the Sp and just started back a month ago so idk....

KaramelQTpie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 4:09pm
I was diagnosed last July with PCOS and i was/am/still kind of in denial but lately my symptoms have been getting worse. I just recently heard about vitex and looked it up. i see GNC has it in pill and powder form but which one is better? i am willing to try almost anything to help regulate my hormones b/c my GYN thinks its not a big deal unless Im TTC. But its about my health and if IM not healthy now, when I do TTC I wont be able to keep a baby with my hormones running wild.
 Thanks for any advice
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic