Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Paula Deen...vindicated?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:09pm
So none of the black employees who actually should have been offended sued?

Man, they better stop playing and jump on that. Clean this hag out!

I'm tickled at her using "I have a biracial family member"
Sponsored Links

Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:14pm
Are you guys sure? Because if someone overhears any type of racial/sexual/etc type of comment to anyone else, that is harassment thus making it a hostile work environment.. So she still has a case according to HR laws...
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

Are you guys sure? Because if someone overhears any type of racial/sexual/etc type of comment to anyone else, that is harassment thus making it a hostile work environment.. So she still has a case according to HR laws...

Yes. That is why I said that the argument was valid, but that doesn't make it a strong argument. As an incidental victim her damages are minimal at best. They allowed the case to proceed, because she had a legal claim, but that doesn't mean that she was entitled to a pay-out (if that makes sense).
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:23pm
^^ got it..  I wonder where those coloreds are that work for her?? We would all get together and sue her azz...
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:27pm
I smell a class action lawsuit.
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 8:52am
But was it already known that the chick was white though? Also, I thought the case was really focused around the sexual harrassment by Deen's brother..
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 9:07am
I'm good with this being thrown out and I'm good with Paula being ruined

It's a win win for black folk
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 9:13am
Can the black folks still sue her?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 9:50am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Lisa Jackson is clearly not White

Jewish considered white. 

I've been saying this for years.......Jews ain't white.......they just been passing for a few years.......
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 10:03am
Jews = white privilege = white 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic