Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sladiej1977 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade
    Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 7:10am
    Has anyone used Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade or heard anything about it? I've been using Design Essentials but it seems to make my hair so greasy.

Edited by sladiej1977 - Aug 07 2006 at 7:10am
Sponsored Links

nikki_1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 10:44am
I used to use Paul Michell Foaming Pomade. It was good for curl definition(not at all greasy), but it has mineral oil which left my hair a bit dry so, I stopped using it.

Edited by nikki_1 - Aug 07 2006 at 12:27pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 4:32pm
Okay I'm not feeling the foaming pomade alone. It makes my hair dry and frizzy. So I've decided to use it with my design essentials to see how that works. I think I'm taking this hair thing a little too serious and letting it get to me a little too much..I can never seem to be happy with my hair.
nikki_1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 9:03am

LOL You're not alone. I try a different product every week it seems. Some I go back to to remind myself why I'm not using it. I'm currently retrying silk elements leave-in conditioner and I'm liking it. Don't know why I stopped using it yet.

Edited by nikki_1 - Aug 08 2006 at 9:08am
babenurse View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 9:18am
My beautician said its better to use professional products then store bought products because the store bought has more water than product.  She reccomended using two paul mitchell products, (I just dont know which ones I believe the pomade was included) together.  I have so many products too.  It seems like they pick a day to work good and then the next I have to switch to something else.  I dont remember my natural look or perm requiring this much work.  But I love the curly look and am trying to make it work.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 11:56am
Yea I've noticed that too with texturizers. I use 2-4 products a day. Some for moisture, some for definition and hold. But it's still easier to manage than my relaxed hair was. I have very short texturized hair so all I do is work the products through with my fingers but I just can't seem to use 1 or 2 products alone, I have to use soo many daily, and then I have to wash often since I get product build up. I'm just so frustrated with spending money on finding the right products. Right now I'm using products from the salon and those cost minimium $7.50 plus the foaming pomade is $11.50. Hope one day I can find something I'm totally happy with.
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 1:48pm
Hey sladie,

I have the generic PM foaming pomade from sally which costs a lot less. by the way, I had bought the original before from a salon store. They give the same results, and they work great along with the design essentials.
I know how you feel, always working towards the right combination of products. But you know, as long as my hair can stay healthy, compared to the relaxer effects, that in itself is a huge PLUS.
vwarren View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 10:33am

I have always used pm pomade and sculpting lotion together.  I also use Kinky Curly custard now and it is great.Thumbs Up  these are the 3 staples I use along with s-curl text spray. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2006 at 1:03am
Natural girl, what routine do you use with the design essentials and foaming pomade?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2006 at 1:05am
vwarren what's your routine with the pomade and sculpting lotion. I have both of those.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic