Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Patti LaBelle: little heifers who can’t  sing...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Patti LaBelle: little heifers who can’t sing...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patti LaBelle: little heifers who can’t sing...
    Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:07pm
Thoughts?
Patti LaBelle Slams Today’s Talent: ‘All these little heifers who can’t sing are called divas’

January 23, 2014     

PATTI_LABELLE

Patti LaBelle doesn’t see it for todays generation of singers.

In an interview with PrideSource, Patti offers her thoughts on the word ‘diva’ and how she no longer wants to be associated with it due to the lack of talent in today’s pool of talent.

When asked what it meant to be a ‘diva’.
That word is used so loosely that I don’t even consider myself a diva. I always considered myself a woman who sings her heart out and who gives 120 percent. “Diva” is a word that I wouldn’t wanna call myself because it’s so loosely used. It’s not cute anymore.

On if there’s a negative connotation to it now?
Yeah, because all these little heifers who can’t sing are called divas! It doesn’t mean anything to me and probably to some of the other ladies who have been doing it for as long as I have: Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick. You know, I’m speaking for me – I don’t know if they like to be called divas – but I know I wouldn’t call them divas, because it’s not in good company.

On when ‘diva’ used to be a respectable term
Well, for opera singers, and for ladies who earned it, but that was way, way back when. Now you can look up to them, but you might not see what you wanna see. A hot mess! People who are doing it and doing it with about 40 people on stage with them to hide their pitifulness – that’s not a word, but you know what I mean.

Well dang, Patti! Tell us how you really feel….

Check out the rest of her interview here.

also on lovebscott.com

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/patti-labelle-slams-todays-talent-little-heifers-cant-sing-called-divas

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jan 23 2014 at 5:08pm
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:08pm
Tell em Patti !
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:23pm
Ah Miss Patti...Lady Marmalaaaaaaaaaaade.....
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:34pm
she's right..

i don't really know when it all started.  (Notice she didn't mention Diana Ross)..

Possibly with Madonna (Diana)?  When it turned into more "being controversial"  or looks..

We all know sex sells.   Madonna took it to a different level, and "talent agencies/record companies" took off with it.

It went from: "i can sing"

to "I can try to sing while 'looking cute' (Diana Ross)

to "I can strip while trying to sing"

to "I can play with myself while  trying to sing"

to "I can try to  sing half naked"

to "I can put myself in sexual positions while trying to sing"

to "I can twerk"

to just.. plain.. old.. sh*&*t

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 23 2014 at 5:43pm
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:35pm
When ever i see a guy i have a crush on, the first song that i sing to myself is "If you only Knew".. by Patti Labelle.... that woman can bring tears to my eyes whenever she sings..

that's absolute talent..
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Tell em Patti !

LOL
Iowabred&fed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:53pm
That Patti LaBelle Christmas album tho'.... Smile  

I think it came out in 1990?
...been on rotation in my household every year since 1993. Wink  I love me some Patti.
Senior Detective View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 6:12pm
http://f2.blackhairmedia.com/gotta-love-patti-fixed_topic367837.html
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 6:18pm
Miss Patti...
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 8:25pm
I agree with her
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System