BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pastor Winans refuse to bless baby .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 8:33am
We have way too many interpretations and denominations.
It's too much ... We don't know whether to take the bible literally or figuratively..
It's a mess.. then yall (Christians)  in here agreeing with blaquefoxx LOL..... when she doesn't believe sex outside of marriage is fornication, she doesn't believe in the virginal birth.. etc.

I believe in God and Jesus Christ, but some of this ish is just too confusing..

Sponsored Links

smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 9:22am
Oh well.
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

imma just tell you right away. i didnt read any of what you wrote. cause i dont care...i was speaking in general not about this topic.(i havent even read the thread)LOL..i came back cause i had a feeling you were gonna write a speech. guess i should've said i was speaking in general in my last post..but *shrug*

Geek

Well good to know my 5 sentence "speech" was unnecessary.  It will be more obvious next time if you don't quote me, and type a response beneath my statement.

Edited by uppitynegroid - Oct 20 2013 at 10:11am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I stand by everything i said. The pastor is guilty of fornication ,affairs , drug use and all type of sins . Practice what you preach .  The lady is a member of the church and should be treated as such . Why baptize her if you feel so strongly ? I post a link with many examples of what God  said . I agree to disagree .

because that is the church's business is salvation that's why, they are in the business of saving souls, not blessing fornication. and everyone has sinned, no sin is greater or less than the next persons. that would include you and me, anything either of us has done is equal to his sin so no one is blameless, that's why Jesus died. The word of God stands regardless to if you believe it or not, or regardless to what people think, it doesn't change it, or take its power away from it, God get's the final word. He doesn't want people to fornicate, that's clear no great interpretation is needed.  
I follow the same bible sexibeach . The pastor baptize the fornicating mother right ? The baby is innocent . A pastor should pray and bless everyone in his church . The lady repented for her sins just like the pastor , who by the way was recently caught doing wrong again.  I stand by everything i said and disagree with you regarding the baby . The pastor will not go to hell for blessing a out of wedlock child . I am only speaking on a Pastor rule for his church that i feel God never ask for .
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I am sure you are aware of the fact that the verse has been translated from Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and English and that it has been interpreted several times over the past 2,000 years.  I am also you are aware that there are interpretations dictating that an illegitimate child is one born out of wedlock.  Pastor Winans is just as entitled to believe those interpretations as you are this one.  There is no authority figure on interpreting religious texts.  Everyone has the freedom of believing the interpretation they choose and attending the church of a pastor who agrees with them.

Secondly, this has a lot more to do with the evolution of societal norms than the progression of the Bible's chapters.  50 years ago, this woman would not have tried to have her child dedicated because she would have been shunned by the church and her community.  Society is far more open to single motherhood and children born out of wedlock now than it was in the past, so Christians are now interpreting the Bible to support that. 

I do not know if the Bible is in support of it or not, and I really don't care.  I'm not about deriving definite answers from figuratively written, convoluted texts, so meh.

I agree with everything but especially the bold. 
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

I stand by everything i said. The pastor is guilty of fornication ,affairs , drug use and all type of sins . Practice what you preach .  The lady is a member of the church and should be treated as such . Why baptize her if you feel so strongly ? I post a link with many examples of what God  said . I agree to disagree .

because that is the church's business is salvation that's why, they are in the business of saving souls, not blessing fornication. and everyone has sinned, no sin is greater or less than the next persons. that would include you and me, anything either of us has done is equal to his sin so no one is blameless, that's why Jesus died. The word of God stands regardless to if you believe it or not, or regardless to what people think, it doesn't change it, or take its power away from it, God get's the final word. He doesn't want people to fornicate, that's clear no great interpretation is needed. 

I follow the same bible sexibeach . The pastor baptize the fornicating mother right ? The baby is innocent . A pastor should pray and bless everyone in his church . The lady repented for her sins just like the pastor , who by the way was recently caught doing wrong again.  I stand by everything i said and disagree with you regarding the baby . The pastor will not go to hell for blessing a out of wedlock child . I am only speaking on a Pastor rule for his church that i feel God never ask for .

You are not disagreeing with me you're disagreeing with God's word. It is biblical, and God did ask for it b/c apparently since Jesus was dedicated as a baby by his PARENTS (mother and father) Mary and Joseph, some ceremonies included God parents in today's dedications, but it is for two Parents in a marriage covenant God is big on covenant. It is a ceremony for believing parents and their family to make a commitment before the Lord to submit a child to God's will and to raise that child according to God's Word and his ways. It is a ceremony that really doesn't have to be, although this was written in the new covenant, it was a ceremony based on the law. We are not under the law, but regardless some churches do perform this at the request of MARRIED PARENTS. In the bible they were married.

Dedicating a child to the Lord can be found in the Bible. Hannah was a barren wife who promised to dedicate her child to God if He would give her a son (1 Samuel 1:11). Luke 2:22 begins the account of Mary and Joseph taking Jesus to the temple after forty days in order to dedicate Him to the Lord. This was slightly more involved since it involved a sacrifice, but once again this ceremony did not indicate any level of salvation.

like i said your sin and my sin are equal to the this pastor, there is none greater or less they are all the same sin. 
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 2:17pm
My pastor (dad) dedicated my son to the Lord at six months. It was a beautiful and special moment.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 2:20pm
No , I am disagreeing with your Interpretation Sexibeach .  Once again i never said the man sin was any different from mine or yours . I am not alone in my feelings and will leave it at that .
First time i every agreed with the Catholic church teachings .  

Pope Francis recently said in May that the Catholic Church should bless children born out of wedlock, because their mothers chose life over abortion.

“'Look at this girl who had had the courage to carry her pregnancy to term. ... "What does she find? A closed door," he said, according to Vatican newspaper L’Osservatore Romano. "This is not good pastoral zeal, it distances people from the Lord and does not open doors."

Dr. Jacqui Lewis is the Senior Minister of Middle Collegiate Church in Manhattan's East Village. She told The Huffington Post she was surprised that a child "of any kind" would be denied a blessing from a church, and referenced the Gospel of Mark, 10:10-16:

"People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them."

Edited by india100 - Oct 20 2013 at 2:25pm
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

did anyone see TD Jakes talking about he doesn't like the new Pastors of LA show? saying how he had money before he came to dallas and he'll have it when he leaves. And the congregation didn't pay for any of his suits, paid for car, and home?

i don't trust these men one lick
I heard about it...but TD Jakes does have books, and he has movies so it could be true.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 4:29pm
 LOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>