Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pastor Winans refuse to bless baby .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I went to his money church once during a gospel concert for my church at the time in Georgia  . The man needs to repent and make a statement . Many of his grandchildren where born out of wedlock . 

How did I miss this?  Ha!

I'd love to now whether or not they were dedicated in his church. 

Edited by uppitynegroid - Oct 19 2013 at 3:49pm
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I do not know if the Bible is in support of it or not, and I really don't care.  I'm not about deriving definite answers from figuratively written, convoluted texts, so meh.

You don't really care but yet you went out of your way to post scriptures, not knowing what the bloodclot it was talking about lol. I would think that people would save their energy for matters that they are actually well-versed on.

But hey we'll agree to disagree...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I do not know if the Bible is in support of it or not, and I really don't care.  I'm not about deriving definite answers from figuratively written, convoluted texts, so meh.

You don't really care but yet you went out of your way to post scriptures, not knowing what the bloodclot it was talking about lol. I would think that people would save their energy for matters that they are actually well-versed on.

I don't need to be well-versed, I can read, so I can draw conclusions from the words in the text.  I knew what the verse was talking about, I disagreed with you, because I knew you were wrong, because the fact that there are multiple interpretations of the Bible is common knowledge.  You don't have to be a theologian or a Christian to speak on the topic.  You just need to have common sense and a basic understanding of religion.

But hey, I'll accept that you don't get that.

Edited by uppitynegroid - Oct 19 2013 at 6:48pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 8:49pm
all these scriptures and reading of the bible, and i have yet to see one scripture that the Lord says that he condones fornication. He said flee from fornication, and that's the point of this story, yes God loves the children they come from him.. It ain't about the child, that child is blessed regardless and innocent in this matter.. its about the mother, and if she had a real relationship with the Lord she can dedicate that child herself between her and the Lord. She was silly to think that just b/c she choose to make this decision to go outside of marriage and get caught in her sin as evidence by getting pregnant, which was most likely an unplanned pregnancy that the church should condone her actions.. 

the church is still is going by the word, this ain't the only church that would do this.. and if they do condone it then they ain't preaching the word. God ain't changed his word b/c society has gotten loose to accommodate the bad decisions folks make in their life, he said his word will not change one dot. Yes he will forgive you, but the point is God has ordained marriage point blank, and he's still says that the marriage relationship/covenant is how you should bring forth a child..He ain't never told you to be fornicating and then be fruitful and multiply.. And yes i've been guilty of the same thing but I have sense enough to know that Baby dedications (its not a blessing only) are for PARENTS, mother and father that want to have their child dedicated to the Lord.. ain't no exceptions to that, its his Word and he's the same, yesterday, today and forever..  she needs to have several seats.. 

Edited by sexibeach - Oct 19 2013 at 9:01pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:05pm

I stand by everything i said. The pastor is guilty of fornication ,affairs , drug use and all type of sins . Practice what you preach .  The lady is a member of the church and should be treated as such . Why baptize her if you feel so strongly ? I post a link with many examples of what God  said . I agree to disagree .

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:30pm

i never understand why ppl do things like that. if i honestly dont care about something i'd just ignore it. but perhaps thats just me.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i never understand why ppl do things like that. if i honestly dont care about something i'd just ignore it. but perhaps thats just me.

I should ignore the entire topic because I do not take to heart how a specific Bible verse should be interpreted?  So are religious topics only for the religious now?  We have to love Jesus to have an opinion on a religious topic?  If we want to point out hypocrisy we don't have a right to because we don't have strong feelings about the religion itself?

The rationale behind my posts was to point out that one Christian's interpretation of the Bible does not outweigh another.  I don't see why I have to care about the actual teachings of the Bible to point out that people should respect the beliefs of others.

Edited by uppitynegroid - Oct 19 2013 at 9:54pm
honeydrop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote honeydrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Shantel, Shady and India said it all.

agree
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 12:16am

[/QUOTE]
imma just tell you right away. i didnt read any of what you wrote. cause i dont care...i was speaking in general not about this topic.(i havent even read the thread)LOL..i came back cause i had a feeling you were gonna write a speech. guess i should've said i was speaking in general in my last post..but *shrug*

Geek

Edited by Lady ICE - Oct 20 2013 at 12:17am
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I stand by everything i said. The pastor is guilty of fornication ,affairs , drug use and all type of sins . Practice what you preach .  The lady is a member of the church and should be treated as such . Why baptize her if you feel so strongly ? I post a link with many examples of what God  said . I agree to disagree .

because that is the church's business is salvation that's why, they are in the business of saving souls, not blessing fornication. and everyone has sinned, no sin is greater or less than the next persons. that would include you and me, anything either of us has done is equal to his sin so no one is blameless, that's why Jesus died. The word of God stands regardless to if you believe it or not, or regardless to what people think, it doesn't change it, or take its power away from it, God get's the final word. He doesn't want people to fornicate, that's clear no great interpretation is needed.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic