BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pastor Winans refuse to bless baby .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 12:03pm
Dead LOL Cry
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 12:17pm
Gkisses was trying backstroke in the holy water.LOLLOL 

All babies should be blessed regardless if they are born out of wedlock or not. The baby should not be blamed for the circumstances of its parents. She should just pick up her belongings including her church fan, wrap the baby up tight and walk out the church with her head held high cos God will watch over the baby regardless of him blessing the new born or not. 

In the African community all babies are blessed on the 7th day. The momma could be the town whore but once that baby is born that baby will be blessed by ANY pastor in any church!
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 12:37pm
I wonder if he could say it to the child's face. If he really feels like he's saying and acting in God's grace, then he should b able to kneel down and look that child in the eye and explain why they can't b baptized.

Asshole.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 12:42pm
do yall remember when that pastor was electrocuted in the baptismal pool? Seem s like they said it had something to do with the PA system/mic. That was a bit scary.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

do yall remember when that pastor was electrocuted in the baptismal pool? Seem s like they said it had something to do with the PA system/mic. That was a bit scary.
ShockedCry
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 1:12pm

The Mother .

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 1:48pm
yeah India it was sad. I just googled to refresh my memory and the article sai d he   reached for the mic as he stepped in the pool. Young man too; 33 years old.

eta:it was a church in  Texas.

Edited by PurplePhase - Oct 19 2013 at 1:49pm
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

If this is true, he's the type who gives Christians a bad name.

The Bible may not have intended for us to fornicate and have children out of wedlock, but no where does it say treat those children like second class citizens.

Actually it says worse-

Deuteronomy 23:2

"If a person is illegitimate by birth, neither he nor his descendants for ten generations may be admitted to the assembly of the LORD.

I don't understand how people say they don't want to be judged in one of the most judgmental institutions of the planet.

This right here, everyday!!!! Clap
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I think I saw that story on 1,000 ways to dieDead
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 3:45pm

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

If this is true, he's the type who gives Christians a bad name.

The Bible may not have intended for us to fornicate and have children out of wedlock, but no where does it say treat those children like second class citizens.

Actually it says worse-

Deuteronomy 23:2

"If a person is illegitimate by birth, neither he nor his descendants for ten generations may be admitted to the assembly of the LORD.

Ummm... Deut 23:2 is not talking about a child "born out of wedlock"Ermm
Most people on here don't even know what marriage/wedlock is according to scriptures, but that is a thread for another day and only for those who are sincere...

A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

Bastard:

1. child of incest

2. mixed population (fig.)

3. born of a Jewish Israelite father and a heathen mother (or the other way around)

4. heathen
The following verse afterwards, Deut 23:3, then goes into a list of some of the nations/heathens that are considered bastards and are not permitted to dwell with us or enter into the Kingdom.

I'm personally not a fan of "blessing" babies or water baptisms, but if the parents feel that it is necessary, they can take the child to a different church. And people need to get out of the habit of exalting these men and women in these churches and stop treating them as if they have power or dominion over the congregation.

I am sure you are aware of the fact that the verse has been translated from Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and English and that it has been interpreted several times over the past 2,000 years.  I am also you are aware that there are interpretations dictating that an illegitimate child is one born out of wedlock.  Pastor Winans is just as entitled to believe those interpretations as you are this one.  There is no authority figure on interpreting religious texts.  Everyone has the freedom of believing the interpretation they choose and attending the church of a pastor who agrees with them.

Secondly, this has a lot more to do with the evolution of societal norms than the progression of the Bible's chapters.  50 years ago, this woman would not have tried to have her child dedicated because she would have been shunned by the church and her community.  Society is far more open to single motherhood and children born out of wedlock now than it was in the past, so Christians are now interpreting the Bible to support that. 

I do not know if the Bible is in support of it or not, and I really don't care.  I'm not about deriving definite answers from figuratively written, convoluted texts, so meh.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic