BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pastor Winans refuse to bless baby .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:30am
That Winans clan, smh....One of the young ones was/is facing time for scamming people out of money, one was out there roaming around doing all types of sh*t with Diddy...Bebe physically abused his wife...etc
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

The Bible is like any other book... there's a progression. There were doctrines practiced in the Old Testament that changed with the coming of Jesus.

It's not picking and choosing which parts to listen to like you're implying.

Let's agree to disagree.

Right. 
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

If there is one god and one law, there really should be only one church.  Numerous churches exist because numerous people have decided to interpret that god and the law in the way they like the best.

Although I am christian I do agree with this. Its not a reflection of God, its a reflection of people using the bible to enforce their own ideas of right and wrong and claiming that God said it. At the end of the day I just love God, I love people, I do my best to live right, I make mistakes, and I keep it moving. I don't really agree with depending on a pastor to keep a relationship with God like its some kind of VIP pass to God. When me and my husband just had our last child we dedicated him to God ourselves right there in the hospital room. Who says that I need someone else to do it.

If more churches start focusing on the most important thing which is LOVE then a lot of this religion and rules would just go away and more people might feel welcomed in church. Instead preachers are worried about how things look to others, hence the pastor who dedicates the children of unwed moms in private instead of in front of the church. At the end of the day aren't you still dedicating the child? So it wasn't about God's word it was about your churches reputation and how it looks on the outside. I'm tired of the church hiding their dirt and sweeping things under the rug to try and fool the world into thinking that they are perfect when its not. They aren't fooling anyone. People want realness not a facade. I am so sick of churches making God look bad.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

That Winans clan, smh....One of the young ones was/is facing time for scamming people out of money, one was out there roaming around doing all types of sh*t with Diddy...Bebe physically abused his wife...etc
True . The young and old lost everything in his scam .

Edited by india100 - Oct 19 2013 at 10:22am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

the pastor looks gay.
Question
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:33am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

If this is true, he's the type who gives Christians a bad name.

The Bible may not have intended for us to fornicate and have children out of wedlock, but no where does it say treat those children like second class citizens.

Actually it says worse-

Deuteronomy 23:2

"If a person is illegitimate by birth, neither he nor his descendants for ten generations may be admitted to the assembly of the LORD.

Ummm... Deut 23:2 is talking is not talking about a child "born out of wedlock"Ermm
Most people on here don't even know what marriage/wedlock is according to scriptures, but that is a thread for another day and only for those who are sincere...

A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

Bastard:

1. child of incest

2. mixed population (fig.)

3. born of a Jewish Israelite father and a heathen mother (or the other way around)

4. heathen
The following verse afterwards, Deut 23:3, then goes into a list of some of the nations/heathens that are considered bastards and are not permitted to dwell with us or enter into the Kingdom.

I'm personally not a fan of "blessing" babies or water baptisms, but if the parents feel that it is necessary, they can take the child to a different church. And people need to get out of the habit of exalting these men and women in these churches and stop treating them as if they have power or dominion over the congregation.

This practice always seemed wrong to me...
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

If there is one god and one law, there really should be only one church.  Numerous churches exist because numerous people have decided to interpret that God and the law in the way they like the best.
The catholic church is a prime example.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 11:16am

WE wait to baptize children until they are old enough to understand the word of GOD . I see nothing wrong with blessing a baby born out of wedlock if the church practice such things for married members .  

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 11:36am
People can argue all day long what's right and wrong based on their faith.  Bottomline it really doesn't matter--God knows all our hearts and if your heart isn't in tune with His will, a few drops on your head when you were 6 mos old, and a blessing prayer spoken then isn't going to redeem you.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 11:58am
I remember telling my mom I wanted to be baptized (like 8/9)...and the only reason was because I wanted to take a dip in that hot tub like the other kids...and i like the attention they got when they went to the mic and everyone was cheered....I got mad right after because i tried to stay in the hot tub splash the water and the preacher pushed me out.
#truestory #heathensregrets
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style