Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - pastor refuses to pay 18% gratuity |gets waitress
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

pastor refuses to pay 18% gratuity |gets waitress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I don't understand why the waitress hasn't sued yet.

And of course in the pastor's mind, she can do and treat people whatever way she wants because she gives 10% to God (aka her congregation).

what would she sue for?

She didn't break any law to get fired. Applebee's fired her simply because someone made a complaint. The pastor probably threatened the manager, telling him her whole congregation wouldn't eat there anymore unless the waitress who posted the pic was fired.

That girl was making 3,50 an hour + tips. "Do unto others" should be something at the pastor's mind at all times.

maybe there's a policy about sharing personal information of customers?
Sponsored Links

sLeepy x0x View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sLeepy x0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:49pm
Her comparing a tip to a tithe is stupid....

A tip isn't ten percent of her income, she is one of those religious people who would annoy me.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:53pm

I don't understand why the waitress hasn't sued yet.

And of course in the pastor's mind, she can do and treat people whatever way she wants because she gives 10% to God (aka her congregation).

what would she sue for?

She didn't break any law to get fired. Applebee's fired her simply because someone made a complaint. The pastor probably threatened the manager, telling him her whole congregation wouldn't eat there anymore unless the waitress who posted the pic was fired.

That girl was making 3,50 an hour + tips. "Do unto others" should be something at the pastor's mind at all times.

maybe there's a policy about sharing personal information of customers?

I saw two pictures from the receipt and one doesn't show the pastor's name and another does. Not sure which one she posted but the waitress did say she didn't post any info and made sure to not show Applebee's name.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

f*ck that bish and her whole disco evangilist life...

dang, tell us why you really mad tc

Dude, you need to change your avi, I had it first......
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

You may want to look again, hun.LOLLOL

She scratched out where it said 18%, but it is already included in your meal price. You see where the price at the top equals the price at the bottom. That why there is a place for an additional tip on top of that.

Whether or not the Pastor wasn't smart enough to realize she was still paying it is beyond me, but when you have a group gratuity charge it is already added in your bill. The breakdown prices just show you where the extra money comes from, not recommending you to pay it or not.

She didnt add the 18%(6.29) tip to her amount(34.93).It was just shown what the 18% tip would be and had a  line for an additional tip if the customer wanted to pay more. (Some ppl actually tip more than whats required if the waitress is good at their job and see that the 18% isnt as much as they intended on giving.) Then all three are added and that is final sum is put on the line that says total.

When I had group dinners at Applebee's, ( and similar restaurants) it didn't work that way. They showed us where the extra charge is but the money was already added in the cost. This prevents people from not paying at least the standard amount when they have high volume tables.That's the point of having a line that says "additional tip" because it is in addition to the money already being included in the final bill.

Either way, I digress. It's six dollars, the bish should've paid it and KIM
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:58am
I know this has been said before but it bears repeating: if you don't want to tip, don't eat out.  What gross about some people is that they order their server like a slave and run them raggedy and leave a miserable tip, if any.  I can't fcuks with folks like that.  On the rare occasions I do eat out, I tip fairly.  I don't frequent fast food joints since it is not that great for the price they are asking IMO.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:07am
SMH
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:08am

fire her as pastor.  i hate when pastors try to make you feel small as a person, as if you're asking to compete with God...they always like to throw in little shots about how you are basically irrelevant to their God...it's weird.

let somebody come in their church and say, why should I pay you when i'm paying the government 10, 15, 25, 33%...that would be a problem.  last i checked, the church ain't God and part of that money is going towards folks car notes and ugly azz suits.

I bet you typed that out with your chest LOL.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:15am
Clearly her ass was too proud and full of herself and then try to mask it as a righteous thing for The Most High. She was probably lying too regarding giving that 10% (I may be reaching though, lol)

So the LORD humbled that ass by allowing all of this to come to light. All praises!! *shakes tambourine*LOL

Edited by blaquefoxx - Feb 01 2013 at 10:16am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:17am
LOL @ signing Pastor when youre being an assholeLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>