Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - pastor refuses to pay 18% gratuity |gets waitress
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pastor refuses to pay 18% gratuity |gets waitress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pastor refuses to pay 18% gratuity |gets waitress
    Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:38pm
FIRED!!! pastor refuses to pay 18% gratuity, leaves snide remark on receipt. the waitress posts the receipt online and the pastor demands the entire applebees staff to be fired.

Hell hath no fury like a pastor scorned by the Internet.

After a copy of her Applebee's receipt began circulating online yesterday, Pastor Alois Bell of the St. Louis-based Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries phoned up the restaurant and asked to have everyone involved fired.

Pastor Who Left Sanctimonious Tip Gets Waitress Fired from Applebees, Claims Her Reputation Was Ruined

"My heart is really broken," the 37-year-old told The Smoking Gun. "I've brought embarrassment to my church and ministry."

Last Friday, after evening services, Bell and her congregation headed to Applebee's for dinner as they did on many nights.

But a disagreement over the establishment's auto-gratuity of 18% for parties of 8 or more would soon propel the pastor to the heights of Internet infamy.

"I give God 10% why do you get 18," Bell wrote on her credit card receipt after crossing out the tip amount she was obliged to pay.

A server working at the restaurant uploaded a scan of the receipt to Reddit, and the rest is viral history.

Though Bell was denied her request to have a brand new staff awaiting her the next time she dined at her neighborhood Applebee's, she did succeed in getting at least one person fired: The waitress who posted the receipt online.

"I originally posted the note as a lighthearted joke," Chelsea Welch told Consumerist. "I thought the note was insulting, but it was also comical. I posted it to Reddit because I thought other users would find it entertaining."

They did — but Bell did not.

The pastor called it a "lapse in my character and judgment" that "has been blown out of proportion." Somewhat an ironic statement coming from someone who ordered Applebee's to fire everyone who came into contact with the receipt.

For her part, Welch did what she could to avoid having Bell's identity exposed, asking Reddit to stop posting the personal information of potential culprits.

In fact, Welch still isn't sure what exactly she did wrong.

"I didn't break any specific guidelines in the company handbook - I checked," said Welch, who had no complaints about her service prior to this week. "Because this person got embarrassed that their selfishness was made public, Applebee's has made it clear that they would rather lose a dedicated employee than lose an angry customer. That's a policy I can't understand."

Neither will Reddit, which is no longer being kept at bay by Welch, and has already put out a call to "grab them pitchforks."

[photos via Reddit, The Smoking Gun]

Edited by James Avery - Jan 31 2013 at 5:39pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (29) Thanks(29)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:42pm
fire her as pastor.  i hate when pastors try to make you feel small as a person, as if you're asking to compete with God...they always like to throw in little shots about how you are basically irrelevant to their God...it's weird.

let somebody come in their church and say, why should I pay you when i'm paying the government 10, 15, 25, 33%...that would be a problem.  last i checked, the church ain't God and part of that money is going towards folks car notes and ugly azz suits.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

"My heart is really broken," the 37-year-old told The Smoking Gun. "I've brought embarrassment to my church and ministry."

should of thought of that before you left that receipt ?
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

fire her as pastor.  i hate when pastors try to make you feel small as a person, as if you're asking to compete with God...they always like to throw in little shots about how you are basically irrelevant to their God...it's weird.

let somebody come in their church and say, why should I pay you when i'm paying the government 10, 15, 25, 33%...that would be a problem.  last i checked, the church ain't God and part of that money is going towards folks car notes and ugly azz suits.

LOL
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:48pm

That pastor is full of sh*t. smh I hope she doesnt go back to that location or her food may end up with extra ingredients not on the menu.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (24) Thanks(24)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:50pm
She didnt even bother leaving a single $ but her ass gonna be preaching about giving freely with your heart come next sermon. She aint sh*t.
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:52pm
 the article says it was the pastor and 8 people but the total only came out to $34.93?!? they had a pretty good deal.
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:52pm
Dang, how did they find her picture based off of the receipt. Anyhow, they are both wrong.
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:53pm
Her heart is only broken because she was put on blast..
She should have thought about that before writing that sh*t.
Not paying the 18% was enough to make a point since it was that serious to make a point.
It wasn't necessary to whip out a pen and write that on a receipt.
Ole simple ass...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

the article says it was the pastor and 8 people but the total only came out to $34.93?!? they had a pretty good deal.
Im sure they split the bill.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>