Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pastor Dies After Telling Church Congregation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Petty LaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Petty LaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 1:09am
At least he confessed his sins before he died
Sponsored Links

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

All pastors are adulterers.
Don't debate me on this.

PREACE, My husband's brother is a pastor and IF YOU KNEW some of the scamming you would be surprised.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I am sure heart disease had nothing to do with it

Niccas and science/religion

Did he have heart disease?

People do die due to complications caused by stress. If he had a heart condition when he died it could have very well be caused by stress and a guilty conscience. Need more info.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 12:40pm
Not a bad way to die, if you ask me, but only if he was truly sorry.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:08pm
another version emerges. Apparently he confessed to his wife and she told the congregation. Then,  she made him tell the congregation; then a scuffle with his children ensued.

Bishop Dies of Apparent Heart Attack After Wife Allegedly Pushed Him to Confess Infidelity to Church

March 13, 2014|3:19 pm
Bobby Davis, Christine Davis (Photo: mfwo-ministries.org)

Bishop Bobby Davis (r) and his wife of 50 years, Christine (l) of Miracle Faith Outreach Church in Bridgeport, Conn.

A Connecticut bishop died in front of his congregation Sunday after his family reportedly publicly confronted him about a past act of infidelity that his wife of 50 years, Christine, pushed him to confess.

The Connecticut Post reported that Bishop Bobby Davis of Miracle Faith World Outreach Church, who was also a certified marriage and family therapist, was pronounced dead at Bridgeport Hospital after the ordeal.

"After the service on Sunday the bishop's family asked us to remain in the church and the bishop confessed to us something that happened long ago," Judy Stovall, an elder at the church, said. "He wanted to come clean with all of us. He wanted to ask our forgiveness."

"We were shouting, 'We forgive you, we love you.' But the stress of all of it -- he had a heart attack," an emotional Stovall continued. "I held his head as he lay on the floor. … Our congregation is hurting now."

But the Post got a slightly different version of the incident, based on a congregant who wished to remain anonymous. The source  said the confession wasn't that clean-cut based on what they were told, and feels the situation could have been handled better.

"He (Bishop Davis) had confessed it (infidelity) personally to his wife prior to the service, and she called a meeting after church with just the members and the members stayed. He wasn't there at the time, he was somewhere else apparently, neither of them were in the service that morning. They had one of their pastors do the service," explained the source.

"From what I was told, she (pastor's wife) told the congregation what he had done. And so, when he comes through the door he had no idea what he was walking into. So it wasn't even. 'We're gonna make an announcement today' ... in a unified way as a couple," the source continued.

"I'm told that when he walked through the door she basically told him, 'Tell them what you just told me,' which is what induced the heart attack, because it's not like he was walking into it knowing," the source explained.

"She said it and he said, 'Yes, that's right.' She asked him to say who exactly it was. And he said, 'Well, it doesn't matter [because] that person has passed. God forgive, let's get past it.' Apparently it was his family members who reacted out in anger, from what I understand. It was not the congregation," the source noted.

"It got physical. One of the sons attacked him. I was told one of the daughters poured water on him. It was like something out of, not even like the Old Testament, but a bad reality TV show," said the source. "My heart is so devastated because it could have been handled in a private manner."

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 16 2014 at 4:09pm
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 8:06pm
Well dayum.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 8:47pm

I see why all that could cause a heart attack..that's a mess

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 8:50pm
Sounds like a Madea play now...
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 8:53pm
and not a single congregant had their camera out when all that drama was happening Cry

[bunz] i aint sh*t[/bunz]
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 8:57pm
Congregation forgave him but God wanted a face to face talk with him.
For his sake, I hope it went well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic