BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pastor commits suicide. 'God doesn't hear me'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Maybe this will be a wake up call.

I really hope so! I am a Christian on anti-depressants, and seeing a psychologist. And I will tell anyone within the sound of my voice that it is ok and if they need medicine, take it! It might just save someone's life.

Edited by newin2009 - Nov 13 2013 at 3:37pm
Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Bored is always making crazy and outlandish statements in regards to religion. It was an uncalled for statement that took the conversation in a direction that it did not need to go.

The pharisees called JESUS crazy and outlandish too, so Thanks for the compliment Ash
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:30pm
Smile^^
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:09pm
im pleasantly surprised that this thread stayed on topic and didn't become a war zone.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:34pm
Story time! (and yeah, it's long)...

Freshman year of college, I said I'd abstain from sex and focus on studies.

Did I have sex? Nope.

Did I focus on studies? Yep. I passed 1st semester with flying colors.

I partied and drank occasionally like most college students do...and although I wasn't engaging in sex, I masturbated quite often.

I masturbated because it felt good and it wasn't as bad as having sex, right? Yeah...right. Masturbation felt great, but when I was done I felt so dirty and disgusted with myself.

You'd think I stopped, but I didn't. My spirit felt heavy as hell. I started having nightmares. Some mornings I'd wake up and it felt like I was being suffocated the whole time I was asleep. I failed 2nd semester with sinking colors. I wasn't myself and I knew why.

I was scared. Scared of what would happen to my psyche if I didn't stop, so I stopped masturbating and I stopped feeling so horrible. The nightmares stopped, my heart didn't feel heavy, it was too late for passing my second semester. But I did get back on track for summer courses.

I say this to say, when you're going too far to the left, you'll know. Your body and mind will give you warning signs.

When you ignore those warnings signs (God's voice), you sacrifice your well-being for a false sense of gratification. This, in turn, could cause your mind to go haywire.

So yes, mental illness is real...but it could simply be that you're engaging in activities that are mentally, physically, and spiritually taxing and/or toxic.

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Nov 13 2013 at 6:37pm
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:17pm

Satan, the god of this world, has blinded the minds of so many, even those of us in the church. Remember, church is like the hospital, where sick folks go to get saved, delivered, and set free! However, Satan’s agenda is to seek, kill and destroy. Especially those of us who are made in God's image and after His likeness. Satan ain’t stunnin no atheist or hanging out at the clubs.  He feel as though he already has those folks! He wants those who are in the church!  As soon as we leave, he is standing there trying to snatch what little word we’ve just received from the Pastor.

I thank God that the day I attempted to kill myself, He didn't allow my life to end. Instead, He lead me to folks that helped me mentally and spiritually. He allowed me to hear and receive His word…and I was healed and delivered from all my diseases and distresses.  I confessed Christ, and He saved me!! Yes, I do get depressed at time, but I know where my TRUE help comes from and I know that killing myself will not end my life totally (And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment – Hebrews 9:27).

I’m depressed right now, but I’d NEVER lose hope in the one person that loved me despite my filthy self! Because of Him, I can face tomorrow.

shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Story time! (and yeah, it's long)...

Freshman year of college, I said I'd abstain from sex and focus on studies.

Did I have sex? Nope.

Did I focus on studies? Yep. I passed 1st semester with flying colors.

I partied and drank occasionally like most college students do...and although I wasn't engaging in sex, I masturbated quite often.

I masturbated because it felt good and it wasn't as bad as having sex, right? Yeah...right. Masturbation felt great, but when I was done I felt so dirty and disgusted with myself.

You'd think I stopped, but I didn't. My spirit felt heavy as hell. I started having nightmares. Some mornings I'd wake up and it felt like I was being suffocated the whole time I was asleep. I failed 2nd semester with sinking colors. I wasn't myself and I knew why.

I was scared. Scared of what would happen to my psyche if I didn't stop, so I stopped masturbating and I stopped feeling so horrible. The nightmares stopped, my heart didn't feel heavy, it was too late for passing my second semester. But I did get back on track for summer courses.

I say this to say, when you're going too far to the left, you'll know. Your body and mind will give you warning signs.

When you ignore those warnings signs (God's voice), you sacrifice your well-being for a false sense of gratification. This, in turn, could cause your mind to go haywire.

So yes, mental illness is real...but it could simply be that you're engaging in activities that are mentally, physically, and spiritually taxing and/or toxic.

Thank you for sharing. I can definitely relate to everything you said in your post.

Edited by shantel75 - Nov 13 2013 at 7:21pm
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Maybe this will be a wake up call.

I really hope so! I am a Christian on anti-depressants, and seeing a psychologist. And I will tell anyone within the sound of my voice that it is ok and if they need medicine, take it! It might just save someone's life.

Me too, sis, but I'm afraid to take my meds. I've been searching for an alternative route. In the interim, the therapy along with exercise has been working...but I do think I need meds...just for a little while at least. 
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.

Many years ago I suffered from depression and everyone kept telling me they would pray for me and to throw away my anti-depressants. I did. I felt guilty for being a depressed Christian. I did not take the meds and continued on in my depression while mostly pretending that I was fine.

Several years later, my depression still existed and I am now 7 months on anti-depressants and feel much better. I still have some naysayers, but it's either this or I might've considered going through with taking my own life. I am happier and doing much better on my meds and my relationship with God is still fine. I wish Christians realized how real mental illness is. I am also seeing a psychologist too. It has made me a better person.

I'm So happy for you.
Take care of yourself and feel no guilt for controlling your condition.

I didn't know I was depressed and had suffered in silence until I broke. From the outside, my life was great but I was grieving on the inside and I didn't know why.
The depression was so bad I had to take leave from work, I thought the condition was physical not mental. I was home alone in my room, on my knees, crying hysterically for no reason when I began to ask God for help. 
My phone began to ring, I didn't want to answer but my daughter was in headstart and I feared the call was about her. I answered the call and it was my doctor calling to ask if I was alright? I've never received a call from this doctor.
I hadn't seen him in over a month but he said my file was on his desk and HE (not his nurse) decided to give me a call. I was crying so hard he couldn't understand me but told me to get to his office ASAP. 

I have no doubt that God answered my prayer and sent a doctor to aid me when I was circling the drain.

GOD USES DOCTORS!!
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:06pm
katrenia your story really touched me. I went through something similar after I gave birth to my twins. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Then I just cried and cried and I literally heard a message like a booming voice. He told me exactly where to go and I did it and I am so glad that I did because I'm not sure where my life would be if I didn't. And this was before I got saved. I wasn't hardly thinking about God but he was thinking of me and came in my time of need.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic