Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Pastor commits suicide. God doesnt hear me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

MyFashionHair.com

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Maybe this will be a wake up call.

i sincerely hope so. who knows, all the great advice offered in this thread might just motivate someone suffering from depression and reading this thread right now to seek professional help. 

i'm so proud of usHeartClap 
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:11pm
There was this lady in my old church that was sick all the time but we never knew what was happening to her and she would be in the church all the time. morning noon and night. When we got wind of what was going on we all begged her to get Chemo. She refused. All this time the cancer was getting worst and was spreading. The pastor was like God will support and help the prayers get answered if you go to the doctor. We will all be here at church to pray for you. The lady refused and said God told her he would cure her cancer. We all pleaded, her husband pleaded her young kids pleaded and she refused until she eventually died. She left 3 young girl none over the age of 9 at the time. The hubby was pissed. My current pastor now would tell you to go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

There was this lady in my old church that was sick all the time but we never knew what was happening to her and she would be in the church all the time. morning noon and night. When we got wind of what was going on we all begged her to get Chemo. She refused. All this time the cancer was getting worst and was spreading. The pastor was like God will support and help the prayers get answered if you go to the doctor. We will all be here at church to pray for you. The lady refused and said God told her he would cure her cancer. We all pleaded, her husband pleaded her young kids pleaded and she refused until she eventually died. She left 3 young girl none over the age of 9 at the time. The hubby was pissed. My current pastor now would tell you to go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY.

That is so sad.Cry She probably took that to mean that he would literally touch her body and heal her and that going to the doctor would be saying to God " I don't trust your word" when in reality Im sure God wanted her to go to the doctor. He could have worked through the doctors to heal her. 
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.

Many years ago I suffered from depression and everyone kept telling me they would pray for me and to throw away my anti-depressants. I did. I felt guilty for being a depressed Christian. I did not take the meds and continued on in my depression while mostly pretending that I was fine.

Several years later, my depression still existed and I am now 7 months on anti-depressants and feel much better. I still have some naysayers, but it's either this or I might've considered going through with taking my own life. I am happier and doing much better on my meds and my relationship with God is still fine. I wish Christians realized how real mental illness is. I am also seeing a psychologist too. It has made me a better person.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.

Many years ago I suffered from depression and everyone kept telling me they would pray for me and to throw away my anti-depressants. I did. I felt guilty for being a depressed Christian. I did not take the meds and continued on in my depression while mostly pretending that I was fine.

Several years later, my depression still existed and I am now 7 months on anti-depressants and feel much better. I still have some naysayers, but it's either this or I might've considered going through with taking my own life. I am happier and doing much better on my meds and my relationship with God is still fine. I wish Christians realized how real mental illness is. I am also seeing a psychologist too. It has made me a better person.

Heart
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I think Bored make that comment due to the way several athiest members go overboard with negative comments about christains/God in most topics, regardless of how serious the subject. I hope the topic continues to stay on track due to a man dying .   

I disagree sis.  Both sides have blood on their hands and BWOM has hers.   But I love your optimismLOL
Thank you . LOLCryHug
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

if all the answers to life's mystery are in the good book, what would compel a christian to seek answers elsewhere?

My short answer: If a believer is in a predicament and approaches his God directly for help, how should God help?
should God help in the way that the believer expects? That is a very egotistic POV imo.
Oftentimes, God uses an 'outside source' to 'indirectly' help a person. If you have your own idea of what help from God should look like, in your short sightedness, you may miss many of God's attempts at helping you.

God's help often includes others, i suspect because others also have an opportunity to learn something about themselves in the process of helping someone else.
We all reflect upon each other, and that is the point ( but not the end point)

When in a predicament, you approach your God for direction. Follow the direction. The direction will lead you someplace (outside of yourself...i.e to someone or something else....could be a therapist..could be another pastor)

You then come back to your home base and piece your puzzle together. What did I learn here?

You don't abandon your faith when God leads you 'outwards', because the outward help was divinely sent.
For a believer, or i should say, for ME as a believer, i have no doubt that my help was sent from God, regardless of what arena of society that help stems from.

If God leads me to a therapist for example, that therapist has some useful info that God wants me to have. I am thankful for it, I receive it, I come back and praise my God for moving that mountain with me.

That is my .2 in short form.

I love reading your spiritual posts!
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Maybe this will be a wake up call.

I really hope so! I am a Christian on anti-depressants, and seeing a psychologist. And I will tell anyone within the sound of my voice that it is ok and if they need medicine, take it! It might just save someone's life.

Edited by newin2009 - Nov 13 2013 at 3:37pm
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Bored is always making crazy and outlandish statements in regards to religion. It was an uncalled for statement that took the conversation in a direction that it did not need to go.

The pharisees called JESUS crazy and outlandish too, so Thanks for the compliment Ash
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:30pm
Smile^^
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic