BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pastor commits suicide. 'God doesn't hear me'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:04pm
creole that was lovely and I'm sure a lot of people will get something out of what you took the time to typeHeart
Sponsored Links

patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:05pm
No, I'm talking about the poster Bored, the one with the atheist comment.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

No, I'm talking about the poster Bored, the one with the atheist comment.

OhLOL
You can still hurshStern Smile

j/k or am ITongue
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:14pm
Unhappy
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:16pm
No one is immune from depression and suicidal thoughts. To say that this man would have still been alive if he were an athiest is a stupid ass assumption.

With that being said, I really wish he would have gotten professional help instead of relying solely on prayer. Such a sad end.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:38pm
He's a pastor that had a congregation to look after. He was a Shepard. Because of what he did many in his church can fall if they are not strong in the word. Yes he will be held accountable. Most would say Sarah waited 90 years to have a baby and with all the taunting she had to go through she still waited and yes she thought that God was not listening to her either. May he rest in peace but yes he will have to be forgiven for taking his own life.

The reality is that there are resources available for people with depression not trying to say that he was diagnosed with depression but he was diagnosed with doubt and once doubt is in man's mind the debil has a full play ground at his disposal. The congregation should RISE UP and continue God's work.

Edited by sugabanana - Nov 13 2013 at 1:02pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:42pm
that was a great post, creole!

i mean no disrespect by this but christians are taught that the bible is a complete blueprint for life and seeking answers outside of the blueprint is like tapping into the forbidden occult. 

if all the answers to life's mystery are in the good book, what would compel a christian to seek answers elsewhere? its so sad because i'm sure this leaves believers who suffer from depression stuck between a rock and a hard place especially when the inconsistencies in their blueprint might just be the primary source of their despair.

i believe purpulicious studies some form of psychology. i wish she were here to chime in  because i'd like to know how someone of faith reconciles their faith with the science of the mind.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:46pm
I think Bored make that comment due to the way several athiest members go overboard with negative comments about christains/God in most topics, regardless of how serious the subject. I hope the topic continues to stay on track due to a man dying .   
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Christians aren't exempt from mental illness. That old school way of thinking is what has alot of christians putting on a front and hiding their depression, mental illnesses because they feel that it is a reflection on their faith and relationship with God. I heard a preacher say that if you have God you should never be sad because you have the joy of the Lord. That preacher probably felt like he couldn't ask for help because he would lose the respect of his congregation and that they would question his connection with God. He was suffering. This church mentality is really screwing people up and destroying lives. Having God does not make you less human than anyone else and you will deal with things including mental issues, physical issues, financial issues just like everybody else. God gives you the strength to endure and the common sense to know when to seek help. Going to church and praying is not enough. That sense of pride is hurting christians in the long run

Heart
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:59pm
Bored is always making crazy and outlandish statements in regards to religion. It was an uncalled for statement that took the conversation in a direction that it did not need to go.

We are all going to held responsible for our sins. That's why we thank God for the son.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>