BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pastor commits suicide. 'God doesn't hear me'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.

Clap
Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

So y'all think that committing suicide is a one way ticket to hell? I used to think this but my thoughts on it have changed.

I don't think suicide damns you to hell, many who take their own life aren't in their right mind.
All those who kill others, many may not go to hell either.  

Edited by Katrenia - Nov 13 2013 at 9:57am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:00am

So y'all think that committing suicide is a one way ticket to hell? I used to think this but my thoughts on it have changed.

Unless you're forgiven....I cannot imagine people killing other people without being forgiven....entering the "pearly white gates". It defeats the whole purpose of living on earth in a Christian like manner.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:10am

I am at the place that I believe it is the uncharitable Christian, so harsh and unforgiving, who drives the sinner away from the redeeming power of Christ. The church often drives people with life-controlling problems to reckless abandon and despair by their phony, pious ferocity against their sin. Christians, who are themselves victims of all manner of temptations, often shut out the habituated by telling them they are hopeless cases. This judgmental attitude says to the sinner, "Keep going deeper into your sin! You are hopeless! The Bible condemns you, so give yourself over to your iniquity. You are already lost, so we won't waste our time trying to help you."

"I wish Christians would quit 'totem poling' sins and treat everybody alike. They tend to put homosexuals on the bottom when it comes to being concerned about them, and on top of the pole when it comes to judging them as hopeless.

"No wonder sin is driven underground. No wonder people with life-controlling habits tend to react violently. These troubled souls are degraded; scorn is heaped upon them by a church that wants nothing to do with "queers," "fagots," and "nellies." We have all become very adept at heaping scorn on those we consider hopeless sinners. The scorn and smirk of Christians is one of the greatest causes of injury to those who indulge in sensuality.

We stigmatize people with life-controlling problems. We take away their character by thinking of them as hopelessly hooked. We are so offended by their practices, we have made their sins so scandalous, we turn them into outcasts with no hope of return. We help to destroy their hunger for God by bringing down on them an avalanche of reproach and unforgiving wrath.

If you rob a sinner of his character, if you take away his dignity, if you focus only on his failures, if you treat him as a non-person, if you shut off all his roads of retreat--he is driven to hardness. He becomes calloused and begins to fight back because that is all that is left for him. It is an easy step from hardness to violence. Humiliate the sinner, take away his sense of worth, and soon you will have driven him to total remorse. If there is no God in him to support him, he will lose all hope and finally give himself over to those who will accept him. Then he often uses that hostility as an excuse to remain in his sin.

My compassion for hardened sinners has been sorely tried. I've seen gangs kill children that die in the ER during my nursing career ..It is then that horrible thoughts begin to surface in me. I think to myself, "God, they are hopeless. They don't want You; they don't want help. I'm wasting time. Maybe an earthquake is the only language they can understand. Why preach cure to proud people who won't even admit they need help?"

I cannot explain the joy of seeing broken bodies and minds restored by the power of God. That is what draws some of us back time and again to the streets, willing to suffer abuse from the hardened Christ-rejectors. It may be only one out of a thousand who admits to a need or who hurts enough to want to change. But God will lead us to that one--and no power on earth or in Hell can hinder the Holy Spirit from zeroing in on that hungry heart to bring healing.

Paul the apostle said,

"God has shown me that I should call no man unfit or unclean" (Acts 10:28).

Everything I read and heard clearly described the human condition of weakness and the ever present struggle with evil. From Paul the apostle to church leaders such as Origen, Cyprian, Chrysostom--from Augustine to Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, Wesley, and even modern theologians and scholars--all of them described the battle, and all of them admitted they, too, were in the same struggle. In one way, it was reassuring to me that I was not some kind of freak Christian and that the shame for the sin in my own heart was shared by the godliest men who ever lived on this earth. But, in another way, it was discouraging to learn so much about the struggle and so little about the cure. Like Paul, they all asked the one great question: "Who will deliver me from this wretchedness in me? How can I be set free from my sinful nature?" And, like Paul, they all answered, "Through Jesus Christ the Lord."

Paul tried to explain the steps to power over sin in his letter to the Romans. He talks about the struggle between an old man and a new man. He warns Christians against being carnally minded and that victory over sin is contingent upon being spiritually minded.

I can't believe the path to power over sin is a dark, deep secret that would take years to comprehend. No one is free from sin . I think the pastor personal demons became a constant mental and physical battle that the man could no longer fight after giving up on God . We will never know the reasons , but it could happen to any person of faith .  I pray no one in the church condem that man for confessing his sin . JMO

Edited by india100 - Nov 13 2013 at 10:11am
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Unless you're forgiven....I cannot imagine people killing other people without being forgiven....entering the "pearly white gates". It defeats the whole purpose of living on earth in a Christian like manner.

I agree with this part. Im talking about people who commit suicide and people automatically damn them to hell. I don't think they automatically go straight to hell. I believe they get an opportunity to ask God for forgiveness. 

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:57am
I know exactly what he meant when he said he tried to communicate with God and it was like god was not listening.
I know exactly how it feels to serve and feel like you're serving no one.

I'm sorry he couldn't fight anymore. His ego got in his own way. It's fukked up.
For real for real, I know exactly how that feels.

But this is why, as a believer you HAVE to gear up and get ready for combat.
You have to know that sh*t WILL hit the fan in life when you choose to grow.
The challenge appears because you are seeking something new, something you are not used to.
So it will be a challenge at first. And even ppl who have known God for years, like a pastor, will experience challenges as they seek to know new things.

You can't ungrow once the growth occurs, but once growth occurs, some resistence will come and how will you cope with the resistence that is mandatory for growth??

This is why you need to have your energy reserve. For times like these you need your notes on the unchanging nature of the creator. Did God all of a sudden say, fuk it. I'm sick of you, i'm out??? When in the past has God done that?? So why would he do that now? These are questions a believer needs to ask.

Where are the notes that show that this is just an illusion?? Pull it out, read it, get personal with it, understand it!
Who is on your support team? Your councillor, your advisor, your spouse, your therapist. You need to spend time with these ppl in times of growth and resistence.

And finally, in the 'uncomfortableness' of growth, in the resistence that happens when you are pushing your limits in attempts to extend your limits, you know that once you get past the threshold of your old limits, your new limit comes (so to speak).

The reality that every believer should know and understand is that spiritual growth and spiritual relationships happen on the cusp of your limit, or on the cusp of how much you can take.

The line between how much you can take, and how much you can't take is where growth happens.

Look to your past experiences of when you had your old limits that you feel you just couldn't go on. it seemed that God was GONE then too. What happened?

You stuck it through and your limits were pushed, and thereby increased.
Then god spoke louder. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It's a challenge. Growth challenges. That is kind of the point.
I'm sorry about this situation.

Edited by Derri - Nov 13 2013 at 11:29am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:07am
i wonder if there are any gnostic christians on bhm
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:09am
If God is about forgiveness why doesn't he forgive people that commit suicide, why does that person automatically go to Hell?
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:13am
Just logically speaking, in order to get forgiveness, you'd have to be alive and conscious to realize the error in your ways, and then to approach your God.

If you are already dead, how can you do this?

Edited by Derri - Nov 13 2013 at 11:14am
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe
child plz, if he was atheist, he'd STILL be alive   ------------>

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style