Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pastor commits suicide. 'God doesn't hear me'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Senior Detective View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe
child plz, if he was atheist, he'd STILL be alive   ------------>
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:29am
Christians aren't exempt from mental illness. That old school way of thinking is what has alot of christians putting on a front and hiding their depression, mental illnesses because they feel that it is a reflection on their faith and relationship with God. I heard a preacher say that if you have God you should never be sad because you have the joy of the Lord. That preacher probably felt like he couldn't ask for help because he would lose the respect of his congregation and that they would question his connection with God. He was suffering. This church mentality is really screwing people up and destroying lives. Having God does not make you less human than anyone else and you will deal with things including mental issues, physical issues, financial issues just like everybody else. God gives you the strength to endure and the common sense to know when to seek help. Going to church and praying is not enough. That sense of pride is hurting christians in the long run
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This is always sad to hear.  People who commit suicide are just trying to end the pain for good.   He wasn't seeing any hope in the future.

And saying atheists shouldn't see this is very ironic.  A pastor committing suicide only has an affect on other Christians.   Believers struggle with their belief when things like this happen.  We are completely NOT affected because we see him as a man in pain.  The comment is very telling.

Preach!!!! Clap
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Guess he decided to go talk to God on his own esteem.

He may have been a Pastor however he was still an imperfect man.

Ummm God said thou shall not kill...He won't be talking to God anytime soon unless he was forgiven.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Christians aren't exempt from mental illness. That old school way of thinking is what has alot of christians putting on a front and hiding their depression, mental illnesses because they feel that it is a reflection on their faith and relationship with God. I heard a preacher say that if you have God you should never be sad because you have the joy of the Lord. That preacher probably felt like he couldn't ask for help because he would lose the respect of his congregation and that they would question his connection with God. He was suffering. This church mentality is really screwing people up and destroying lives. Having God does not make you less human than anyone else and you will deal with things including mental issues, physical issues, financial issues just like everybody else. God gives you the strength to endure and the common sense to know when to seek help. Going to church and praying is not enough. That sense of pride is hurting christians in the long run

I agree. The church has made God more human and tries to make us less human, at the same time makes us feel guilty of showing any kind of humanity. Bass akwards if you ask me. 
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This is always sad to hear.  People who commit suicide are just trying to end the pain for good.   He wasn't seeing any hope in the future.

And saying atheists shouldn't see this is very ironic.  A pastor committing suicide only has an affect on other Christians.   Believers struggle with their belief when things like this happen.  We are completely NOT affected because we see him as a man in pain.  The comment is very telling.

Clap
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:30am
3 years prior though ?
Before reading I thought it was 3 seconds prior
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Guess he decided to go talk to God on his own esteem.

He may have been a Pastor however he was still an imperfect man.

Ummm God said thou shall not kill...He won't be talking to God anytime soon unless he was forgiven.

This is sad and I'm not judging this brotha but Even those who go to hell will be judged. 
The Great White Throne Judgment is the judgment of the dead.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:42am
So y'all think that committing suicide is a one way ticket to hell? I used to think this but my thoughts on it have changed.
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:46am
I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>