Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pastor commits suicide. 'God doesn't hear me'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:46am
This is so heartbreaking.. </3

That man lost all his faith and deemed it the end of his life..?  I wish he realized he still had a life to live. Cry
Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:01am
Guess he decided to go talk to God on his own esteem.

He may have been a Pastor however he was still an imperfect man.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:35am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Depression is real and pastors go through it. My pastor admitted he went through a depression. What people need to realize is that prayer is only part of the equation, God helps those who help themselves. Nothing is wrong with seeking therapy, I believe God works through psychologist just as he acts through the anointed ones.

Preach!

I just wrote something along these lines on Facebook. I get so sick of hearing ppl going through their troubles and someone will merely respond "well, I'll pray for you".

Nooooo, that's not how it works. Prayer without action/effort is useless.

When someone is in need...
1. Prayer for them should be automatic--the fact that you're praying doesn't even have to be disclosed.

2. "What can I do to help?" Should be your first response.

Ppl will harp on the fact that they're praying for you as a mere way to release themselves of any further obligation to assist.

So yeah, the same goes when you're helping yourself. Praying for something is grand, but God also wants to you take action and the steps towards improvement.

This is sad. I know what it feels like to feel spiritually lonely. I really wish he sought help.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:37am

in some situations prayer is all you can do for someone else

meaning there is absolutely nothing on earth you can do for them besides that
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:55am
This is very sad.
However why would they use a sermon from three years ago to say that it was his reasoning for taking his own life? smh
If he wasn't hearing from God for the past three years, I hope he wasn't preaching to the congregation. Why would you preach a sermon that does not come from God?
Also those quotes from the sermon prove nothing. Pastors always discuss a time in their life when they were struggling with depression , fornication, drugs etc. It's so that people can know that whatever their situation is they can overcome it. 
Those quotes don't even show that he was discussing himself..
I can quickly paste a sermon where a pastor goes " Lord I'm trying to do (blank) but ..it's like your not using me". < they are speaking from the persons point of view.. Idk if that makes sense..
Anyways he was clearly going through something ... And he should have received some help.
Prayers to his family and congregation!
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe

We do not need to see this in order not to believe. I read the bible of course.

Overall, this man needed help and when will people realize mental illness is freaking real?!!!

Edited by patternsandtexture - Nov 13 2013 at 7:08am
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:07am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

This has nothing to do with Satan.  When are some people going to understand that depression is a real medical illness and needs to be treated?  Despite what some may 'believe' about atheists, most of us are very clear that we are open to evidence not only of any god, but of the particular god that a person happens to be worshiping.  This is not a time to do the "I told you so," dance.  A man was very sick and for whatever reason, did not receive the treatment he needed and now he is dead.  Priorities.

All of this!!!!!!!! Clap
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:21am
Not sure if that is the real reason he ended his life.. That's making assumptions.. Dude must have been suffering from deep depression and avoided treatment..
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:43am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Depression is real and pastors go through it. My pastor admitted he went through a depression. What people need to realize is that prayer is only part of the equation, God helps those who help themselves. Nothing is wrong with seeking therapy, I believe God works through psychologist just as he acts through the anointed ones.

Well putHeart
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:12am
This is always sad to hear.  People who commit suicide are just trying to end the pain for good.   He wasn't seeing any hope in the future.

And saying atheists shouldn't see this is very ironic.  A pastor committing suicide only has an affect on other Christians.   Believers struggle with their belief when things like this happen.  We are completely NOT affected because we see him as a man in pain.  The comment is very telling.

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Nov 13 2013 at 8:13am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style