Author
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passionate People Get there Needs Met
    Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 12:03pm
Today's Topic: Passionate People Get there Needs Met
Verse(s): Psalms 37:4
Today's Confession: Iím going to give more attention to the Lord and less attention to the problem.

Devotional:
The more attention you give to someone or something the more passionate you become about it. When I was in college at Texas Tech University I became passionate about Texas Tech football I mean we lived and breathed Red Raider football games. I wasnít that way before I went there but once I went to college there it consumed me because I gave so much attention to it. I mean, every football game we were the first ones there. We had red and black paint on our faces. We knew all the players, all their numbers, the scores. We traveled to the away games we were passionate about Texas Tech football.

Well the more attention we gave to it the more passionate we became and everybody around me was passionate so it was easy to become passionate. It can be the same way with God the more attention you give to the Lord the more passionate you become. The less attention we give to God the less passion we have for Him. Passion for God doesnít just come naturally because there are so many things that are fighting for our attention in our lives. Itís a decision we have to make. We have to choose to become passionate about God. And when we look to other people to give us only what God can give us Iím telling you we are headed for a miserable life. When we begin to look to other people to comfort us all the time, to strengthen us, to give us direction for our lives, to meet our needs spirit, soul, and body, financially, all that stuff, we are headed for a miserable life. God is the only one who can comfort you twenty four hours a day. Heís the only one that can meet your needs financially no matter how badly youíve messed up. Heís the only one who can give you peace in your mind when everything around you is falling apart. We have to on purpose by a decision choose to give Him attention.

Years ago I was not passionate about God. I loved Him with all my heart Iíve never stopped loving the Lord and Iíve always been a tither. Iíve always gone to church but I canít say that I was passionate about God. It wasnít a goal to be passionate but I was at a state of desperation. I wasnít passionate I was desperate and you know what Ė God responds to desperation. I was desperate for peace. I knew that God is the God of Peace, Jesus is our Prince of Peace so I knew that I had better start seeking Him if I wanted peace. It was a decision of desperation but I had to make myself give Him more attention today than I did yesterday and that meant going to church faithfully. I had to start somewhere. Read more of the Word today than I did yesterday. Hear more Word on a CD today than I did yesterday. Thatís giving Him more attention. And the more attention I began to give Him passion began to ignite in me. It just came naturally.

Creflo Dollar says ďchange what you give attention to and your desires will change.Ē I didnít have a desire to get up and pray. I didnít have a desire to worship the Lord. I didnít have a desire to hear the Word or read the Word but I had to make myself give attention to the Word give attention to the Lord and with it my desires began to change and yours can too. Iím telling you God responds to passionate people. One of the definitions for passion is delight. And you know the bible says ďwhen you delight yourself in the Lord he will give you the desires of your heart.Ē Whatever it is you are desiring or whatever it is you are crying out for if itís financial health, peace, joy, healing, restoration give more attention to the Lord and those things will come right with it.

Sponsored Links

PrettySassi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 9:28pm
Nella, i want you to know deeply from my heart this this post helped me see things inn a different light, thank you so much for this, i have a question , even though i love the lored with all my heart and deep down in my soul , i attend chruch services (not as often as I should) I do put him fist even though i make mistakes throughout life, my questin is where do I find that passion , i know jesus is the only one who can help me, and make me feel at peace but i feel bad that I am not going to measure up to what he wants me to be since iam young (22) and i do make silly mistakes, iam knda confused right now, if you can please help, I know that the lord is the tree, and Iam the brances without him I can do nothing, I have a desire have God im my life, all aspects of it, i talk to him , I pray to him, i just need to know how can i find that passion, be truly happy, at peace , I know that the lord loves me, (he shows me everyday) despite the trials of life, he has a passion for me, I need to know how to return that passion
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by PrettySassi PrettySassi wrote:

Nella, i want you to know deeply from my heart this this post helped me see things inn a different light, thank you so much for this, i have a question , even though i love the lored with all my heart and deep down in my soul , i attend chruch services (not as often as I should) I do put him fist even though i make mistakes throughout life, my questin is where do I find that passion , i know jesus is the only one who can help me, and make me feel at peace but i feel bad that I am not going to measure up to what he wants me to be since iam young (22) and i do make silly mistakes, iam knda confused right now, if you can please help, I know that the lord is the tree, and Iam the brances without him I can do nothing, I have a desire have God im my life, all aspects of it, i talk to him , I pray to him, i just need to know how can i find that passion, be truly happy, at peace , I know that the lord loves me, (he shows me everyday) despite the trials of life, he has a passion for me, I need to know how to return that passion

Wow prettysassi, I hear passion in your post. You have gotten me stirred up over here. I will send you some resources and scriptures that will give you the answers that you seek Heart
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic