Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Passing down wealth to children?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 7:35pm
my grandmomma wanted to be so sure the land stayed in her/great granddad's family that she wrote my mom out of the will when mom married my dad lol. Just in case something happened to both of them and  it ended up in his/dad's family.  She willed it  to the grandchildren.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 22 2014 at 7:36pm
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 3:17am
but yall dont believe in buying houses

which in the past 30-40yrs has played a significant part in perpetuating/increasing/creating generational wealth
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 4:01am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

orly?  that's in the bhm handbook???LOL 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 5:24am

couldnt believe my own eyes
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 7:11am
I think buying a house is a must. My mom sold the "family" house and bought her own to make sure we didn't have to deal with problems and greed associated with dividing things up once she's gone. I'm extremely thankful for that because she really didn't want to but she couldn't avoid all the messes she's seen after other peoples funeral.   
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 7:54am
I want a house but at the same time I honestly don't want the responsibility that comes with owning one. I don't intend on having children so "passing something down to mine" is not the issue.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 8:33am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

bhm believes in having a house bought for you

there is no shade in my post

if you know my posts you will understand why
Im not sure i follow
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 10:29am
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

orly?  that's in the bhm handbook???LOL 

TC one time long ago i thought i read a post from you saying you'd rather rent than own, saying home ownership was a trap and many ppl dont realise it. I swear it but you were in a condo at the time and i believe you're in a house now?

I dont understand why my parents would just give me the land while they're alive CryCrytakes too long for wills to be probated in Jamaica. I think i may go to them with that argument.Evil Smile
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 10:35am
I think she meant mortgaging
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>