Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Passing down wealth to children?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 8:09am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Rich people still have to work to maintain their wealth- I seen Paris Hilton in a Carl's jr. commercial ( I am not sure if that was for money or fun) but look at countless kids who were born into wealth and now not doing so well
more with wealth that you'll never hear about
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 8:13am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

land should always stay in the family.

IA. smh. gubberment got it when big mama passed. we were all hurt and pissed that she let "The Man" get it.
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 8:38am
H and I are both getting our parents houses. They are currently worth about 1 Mill each.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 8:51am
*sips haterade*

just kidding. may I ask what city/state or country?
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 8:52am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Why wouldn't I leave my kids money? The real issue is passing down values to my children solid steady, educational values on money, love and living... All parents pass down their {money values} to their children if they are positive or negative

This. It took me years to learn money management. My parents didn't exactly teach me that. Money was always there so I didn't appreciate the value of a dollar. Had they passed any wealth to me after graduating HS, it would have been squandered easy.

callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 8:54am

And this. When I acquire the acres of land my grandfather owns, I'm going to put it in my will that my son cannot under any circumstance, sell it. If we don't build a house out there, it needs to be passed down until someone uses it.
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 2:12pm
It is very important to pass down wealth. I see the Syrians, Chinese, Indian and White communities here (in Jamaica) doing it and it's only cemented their position as business leaders. Blacks need to do the same.

Edited by Yardgirl - Aug 22 2014 at 2:23pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 3:48pm

yes

people should pass down wealth
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 4:19pm

and.you.know.this...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I wish my mother would and she's definitely not rich. Let her ass even cancel that life insurance policy and I'm putting her in a home.

WONDER!!!!LOL

Lol is it a touchy subject to make sure that is intact? She never got me that Gerber grow up plan I would've wanted.   

But nah I already had the convo with her. She would be horrified if my sis or I ended up destitute once she's gone.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style