Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Motherhood
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

parents of teen girls

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: parents of teen girls
    Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 10:41am
MY 16 yr old has very heavy periods and sometimes her period comes on every two months. She also has acne on her face back and chest. I took her to get a physical and her doctor suggested birth control pills.  My daughter wants to get them. She swears she's a virgin and not having sex. I told her she can't even remember to take a vitamin every day so how will she remember a birth control pill.
 I haven't told her father, because he's so suspicious of everything she does. If it was up to him she would come home right after school or work, and never leave the house or hang out with friends, not even on the weekends. I gave her a 10pm curfew on weekends when she turned 16 and he almost had a stroke. By the way her father and I are not together and he rarely sees or even talks to my daughter so I feel like his input is not even worth listening to. He might be her father but he doesn't act like one.
I told her I needed to think about the birth control, but her self esteem is very low from being in high school with so much acne. We also have a very close relationship and we talk about sex, diseases, teen parents anything. My daughter knows she can come to me. She is so focused on college, she told me she does not want kids until she is around 30 yrs old.
Sponsored Links

4shopiece View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4shopiece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 11:49am
well the doctor suggesting the birth control is a completely separate issue than the possibility of her being sexually active. If its something that can help her in anyway, I think you should give it strong consideration. Its definetly something where the benefits outweigh the risk from all angles
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 1:30pm
I don't have kids but I want to give my two cents.
You should go to another doctor. I feel like this doctor you went to just wanted to get rid of you two. How can a doctor not even have a reason as to why her periods come every other month? She could have an underlying problem that is causing that.

About the acne, have you tried natural remedies? WHat is her diet like?
If she is eats a lot of greasy, fattening and sugar-fueled food, that might be what is causing those external problems. If she drinks lots of water, eats vegetables, fresh fruits and avoids microwavable food, then her acne is not caused by what she eats.

Don't bother with proactiv or murad; i didn't have a lot of acne and those things never worked on my face. If the skin in her face is oily, then she has an overproduction of oils which causes the acne to appear, and if that is the case, get her some diaper rash cream and tell her to apply on her face a few nights a week before sleeping (it is a bit hard to remove from face though). African Black Soap is great for oily skin, and apple cider vinegar is a great toner for any skin type.

Her back and chest need to be exfoliated; the least aggressive and most natural body and face exfoliant that you will ever find is coffee grounds. Make your coffee, then get the coffee grounds and mix with some honey and tell her to wash her body and face, turn off the water, rub the coffee grounds all over the area she needs to exfoliate, let it sit for a bit, and then wash it off. She should apply a body wash right after it because the smell of the coffee will remain on her body if she doesn't. She should exfoliate with coffee grounds a couple times a week.

I use coffee grounds on my body and face and they are gentle and really exfoliate my skin; my skin is soft and smooth for days thanks to that. If after a while the acne in her back is not gone, then it must be her diet or something else internal.

Update us on your results! :)
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 3:57pm
I got her some neutrogena acne body wash and we'll see what happens. she doesn't eat any greasy foods except some fried chicken and that might be two times a month. She eats some fruits and vegetables like broccoli and apples, but she doesn't like anything else she's a very picky eater. Her skin is normal she doesn't put lotion or any products like makeup on. She just washes her face and that's it. with her back and chest I had the exact same thing when I was growing up but my acne was so bad I went on accutane, which I think is banned now or they don't even make it anymore. This was her long time pediatrician. I made an appt for her to see an adult doctor about the periods and acne. I'm on ortho tri cyclen and my skin cleared up and irregular periods stopped. My period was coming on twice in one month.
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 9:12pm
Yea I would of gotten her a face acne treatment and for another year hold off on the birth control, I don't understand why the doc would even recommend that to her anyways.... I guess bcuz she is sixteen but still she can go another yr without espec if she's not active. You sound like your doing a very good job tho. :-)
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 12:43am
The birth control pills regulate your period. If you have hormonal acne like breaking out when your period is about to come on the pill is good for that.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:41pm
Have her wash with some Dr. Bonner's Castile soap with Tea Tree oil, use apple cider vinegar as a toner (half water/half acv). She can exfoliate 3x a week with sea salt and have her lather her face at night with 100% or 99% aloe vera gel. Get some almond oil or jojoba oil as a moisturizer. Be sure any products she uses doesn't have fragrance. I'm sure she is just having very bad puberty, but I promise you if you start her on natural skin care it will be better for her in the long run. She should take b.c. since she is menstruating and that way when she does decide to become sexually active, she'll be covered. She may not tell you at first. 
greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 3:07pm
My kids pedio who is VERY good also recommended birth control because my kid has SEVERE CRAMPS! We have yet to find an OTC or Rx that helps. I was considering, but bc and teens have always been a big no no in my family.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic