Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Papaya Soap to Lighten Skin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 12:21pm
Ive seen a difference with Papaya soap, not Likas but Nubian Heritage (no Kojic acid). I broke out with acne cystic acne in places I never had acne before. Idk wtf this soap does to the body but its not cool. I used it all over and let it sit for a moment (like I do all soap) up under my arms and have gotten 2 big pimples up under there and I see a few more marks. I have 5 brown marks on my chest now. Its about to be summer. I was using this to prepare for summer and now its back to fade cream. This is some bull. If I could get my $5 back, trust me I would. I shouldve stuck with Palmers and Ambi, but after reviews on this site and reading the ingredients I went out and brought 2 bars. Ugh Angry

I used to let it sit on my face. Using it twice a day started to make it burn and look red. Putting on moisturizer after burned, water burned, it irritated my face and then gave me acne and blisters Cry
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Ive seen a difference with Papaya soap, not Likas but Nubian Heritage (no Kojic acid). I broke out with acne cystic acne in places I never had acne before. Idk wtf this soap does to the body but its not cool. I used it all over and let it sit for a moment (like I do all soap) up under my arms and have gotten 2 big pimples up under there and I see a few more marks. I have 5 brown marks on my chest now. Its about to be summer. I was using this to prepare for summer and now its back to fade cream. This is some bull. If I could get my $5 back, trust me I would. I shouldve stuck with Palmers and Ambi, but after reviews on this site and reading the ingredients I went out and brought 2 bars. Ugh Angry

I used to let it sit on my face. Using it twice a day started to make it burn and look red. Putting on moisturizer after burned, water burned, it irritated my face and then gave me acne and blisters Cry

Papaya is a strong ass component.  And Nubian Heritage is no joke.  Personally I think you would have done better with either the pomegranate and carrot soap or the black seed and honey soap.  But then again Nubian Heritage soap are pretty strong for the face IMO.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Papaya is a strong ass component.  And Nubian Heritage is no joke.  Personally I think you would have done better with either the pomegranate and carrot soap or the black seed and honey soap.  But then again Nubian Heritage soap are pretty strong for the face IMO.
I didn't think ANY soap that was all natural would do something like that. I read in this thread rave reviews about papaya soap lightening marks and I couldnt find Likas in stores. I just wanted to lighten the hyperpigmentation marks on my face from blackheads and on teh back of my thighs from jeans and not lotioning over the years. But I give up. The other soaps wouldve helped lighten marks youre saying?
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 4:06pm

I didn't think ANY soap that was all natural would do something like that. I read in this thread rave reviews about papaya soap lightening marks and I couldnt find Likas in stores. I just wanted to lighten the hyperpigmentation marks on my face from blackheads and on teh back of my thighs from jeans and not lotioning over the years. But I give up. The other soaps wouldve helped lighten marks youre saying?

I have used the Diane Stadler[sic] papaya soap, Likas, and some other papaya soap and they all burned.  I even used a papaya based acne treatment and it burned my face also.  Just saying in my experience papaya is no joke.  You could try other Nubian Heritage soap but maybe you might have better luck with Likas.  Anyway everyone's reaction is different.  I just have super sensitive skin.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I didn't think ANY soap that was all natural would do something like that. I read in this thread rave reviews about papaya soap lightening marks and I couldn't find Likas in stores. I just wanted to lighten the hyper-pigmentation marks on my face from blackheads and on the back of my thighs from jeans and not lotioning over the years. But I give up. The other soaps would've helped lighten marks you're saying?

I have used the Diane Stadler[sic] papaya soap, Likas, and some other papaya soap and they all burned.  I even used a papaya based acne treatment and it burned my face also.  Just saying in my experience papaya is no joke.  You could try other Nubian Heritage soap but maybe you might have better luck with Likas.  Anyway everyone's reaction is different.  I just have super sensitive skin.
Im good. I dont want to try another papaya soap after my experience but thank you for enlightening me. I think Im going to stick with my Shea Moisture soap. It hasnt steered me wrong yet LOL
nicoleuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicoleuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 9:08pm
I have been using Likas soap for almost 2 years now, the only thing I've noticed is that I have to moisturise even more after using it. It didn't make me peel at all.

I found that it it brightened up my face a little bit for the first few months but I haven't noticed any improvements on my body! :(

After all this time I'm giving up on Likas and thinking of trying black licorice soap but will it be any different?
Mama Braided It View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama Braided It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 9:13pm
Likas is just an exfoliator. You use it then use a cream to tone your body.
BayGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 11:10pm
Yep, Likas mainly exfoliates. Try KojiSan soap to exfoliate and lighten.

I used Likas every day for a month. Leaving it on my body for a few minutes before washing off. It gave me nice squeeky clean exfoliated skin but didn't lighten... 

Btw, Likas + exfoliation towel + lightening cream = big results.
I've been using just a st.ives exfoliating scrub (Likas a few days a week) + italy towel + amlactin lotion (for lightening) and I'm noticing my perma tan on my arms and legs are breaking up!

pinkmonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 10:39pm
Yeah, I believe in the wonders of papaya soap. Smile Actually, I've been using Kojiesan, and I like its effect on my skin.
mediagirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mediagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 10:01am
95 pages and only one before and after....Confused

Edited by mediagirl - Jun 04 2012 at 7:14am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697>