BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Eating Healthy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

paleo lifestyle

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CandiiMamii26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CandiiMamii26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paleo lifestyle
    Posted: May 30 2012 at 9:23pm
I want to know does anyone have experience with or interest in paleo eating? it is basically a diet high in vegetables supported by meat and fruit, and restricts any type of grains, legumes, and in most cases dairy.

it is hard for me to stick to it but I feel a great difference when i am consistent over time, and find it to be much easier to not be hungry than just fruit and vegetables (raw food/vegan/whatever it is called).

Sponsored Links

CandiiMamii26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandiiMamii26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 9:24pm
I meant to add that you don't have to eat anything raw, but I do prefer my vegetables raw
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2012 at 3:48pm
I alternate with this, I was really interested at one point but I had to stop b/c I love beans, grains (oats, quinoa(a seed actually) barley etc). It's a solid approach and you will lose the weight...it's just too hard core for me at the moment.
LibraLady42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LibraLady42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:34pm
I started CrossFit a few weeks ago, and the community is huge in the paleo lifestyle.  I want to try doing the paleo diet, but I feel like it will be hard, especially at social gatherings around the holidays.  I am actually researching it and am going to try to go for it.  I'll try to post about my experience
osLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:37am
Paleo seriously isn't that hard. All you have to do is read labels and ask questions when you dine out. You're not forced to only live in the produce and meat section of the grocery store.

I did a variation of this for a couple of months as part of the Crossfit WLC (Whole Life Challenge). There, we were allowed stevia and eggs and other minor exceptions for vegetarians like me.  And I still didn't deviate. Your cravings for all that processed stuff will wane after a week or so. 

And I'm planning to stick with the diet b/c I discovered that I had gluten allergies in the process (but I will "cheat" during the holidays).

If you need a guide to ease into it, try Balanced Bites Useful Guide: http://balancedbites.com/useful-guides. And a nice paleo recipe website I discovered was Nom Nom Paleo: http://nomnompaleo.com/  (I will eat the cauliflower mash instead of regular mashed potatoes from now on)

HTH
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 3:44pm
Paleo Rocks.......  I have dabbled in it off an on for a while.  It requires a willing mind and your body/cravings will adapt.  I currently eat EPI-PALEO  (new fish/seafood version). 
I refer to Jack Kruse's blog as well.  Any type of Paleo diet trumps the SAD (Standard American Diet) any day.
ClassicBeautee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBeautee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 6:46pm
I started eating Paleo about a month go, but I do a modified version. I eat non-paleo items on the wknds. I would recommend it there's alot of cooking involved and pre-planning meals, but its a very healthy way of eating.
luvurself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvurself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 8:07pm
I've done it and model my current choices after it. I first did it throughout the week, then allow for light cheating on the wkends then I went all out for a while. It's a good way to eat, even now I don't crave the junk I used to. Basically food from the earth. You don't strave and there are plenty of unporcessed foods out there. You'll find a lot of creative blogs and sites to help guide you
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:02pm
I tried last year but it was hard.  So I fell off.  Now I am thinking about doing a modified diet of the paleo, which is the candida diet.  Wish me luck.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic