Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedOutre Velvet Remi and Saga hair review...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
nakasaki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outre Velvet Remi and Saga hair review...
    Posted: Apr 28 2008 at 6:50pm
I LOVE my remi hair... Sultry hair, and Giovanni & Sons as my top favorite, but But I was curious to try these new BSS companies coming out with their own version of Remi hair, considering I'm only using the clip ins method (which I LOVE btw) to give my hair a break. This is a bit long but semi-interesting input for those who still use BSS hair...
OUTRE Remi Review
So, last week I posted about the Outre Remi hair that I had sewn onto wig clips.  The hair is great.  It gets tangled like normal hair does, nothing a little finger combing can't handle.  Although I do not apply any oil to it, it does collect oil from my own hair and scalp.  So, I wash it every 2 weeks (since they're clip ins, they don't require as much maintenance). 
When you originally remove hair from the package, it's a bit shiny, but the shine does begin to fade out and eventually, the hair takes on a more "yaki" texture.  I soak the hair in tide every couple of weeks, then deep condition it; hair looks like new.  When curled, it looks nice, but I prefer it wrapped and straight... I think it looks better.  Now, on to the saga hair...
http://public.fotki.com/nakasaki/outrevelvetremi/
PW: Outre Clipins

Milky Way's Saga hair review:
I have to admit, i was EXTREMELY reluctant to pay my $74.99 for this hair, only because it's milky way, but I figured hey, it's a 50/50 win... lol...
I washed the hair before I sewed on the wig clips (it takes a lot of work, so i didn't want to do it in vein) because I've used milky way hair before and I've experienced the all too familiar rat's nest after a wash that I'm sure every milky way consumer has.  So, after a "harsh" wash with tide, herbal essences clarifying shampoo, selsun blue, neutrogena, followed my pantene ice conditioner, and silicon mix, the hair was as good as new...
Right out of the bag, the hair is a bit shiny but not in comparison to Outre's hair.  After the wash, I believe the shine dulls quicker than the Outre Remi.  I also sewed wig clips to this hair.  It was harder to get the needle through these wefts than that of the outre hair, so i'm assuming these wefts are thicker. The hair holds curls better than the Outre... The curl holds BEAUTIFULLY with this hair.  I curled it yesterday with a 1.5" barrel hot iron and even through today's rain, it still has some of its bounce.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Sukipiano/SagaHairClipIns?authkey=-pTcfBfBWhc

I'm not sure what else i can say about either company... If I HAD to choose between the two, i would choose the Saga hair (shocking I know!) Any questions, feel free to ask!

Edited by nakasaki - Apr 28 2008 at 6:54pm
Sponsored Links

jamaicalovely View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2008 at 8:33pm
Wow, I'm impressed about how the Saga turned out.   I tried it several months ago and hated it.  I've seen several girls with this hair on the forum now and they all looked very nice.   I also saw this hair installed in person and could not tell it was her hair.   I've said this on other threads....maybe I got a bad batch.

Nice hair!
Pinkroses912 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2008 at 8:38pm
WOW..you washed the hair with TIDE? What was that for? Just to get the harsh chemicals out or what? I've never heard that before.
nakasaki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2008 at 11:44pm
Yes... I wash the hair with tide because it strips the oil from the hair without having to scrub (it's called laziness... lol).  It doesn't damage the hair at all... it simply makes my life easier...
lovely... I've read mixed reviews on here, so I figured teh best thing to do was try it.  I've only had the hair for a couple of weeks, and have washed it twice.. As I said, thus far, it's great... No issues yet... i love the hair actually... My only issue is that over the summer I want something more versatile where I can wash and wear, and this is not the hair for it, although the package does say "shake-n-go"...
bossey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 5:43am
I had the 14 inch installed and it was nice.  It did shed though.  I had a pack of short 10 inch and I sealed it and it was great!  I practiced my first install on my daughter for a play and it held up great.  I took it out, washed and conditioned it and put it right back in and no one knows its not her real hair (probably because its pretty close to her own length).  It has held a curl good and I would definetly use it again.
TrinityIsLove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 5:58am

That saga does look good tho...

KBeeH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 6:17am
Very nice. Both installs. I have to say that Outre Velvet held my curls really nice.
sweeti1980 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 8:39am
that saga is very pretty!
So Seductive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 10:58am
saga is very pretty
lpresha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 11:27am
Very nice saga
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair