Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I could type all day about the chronic illnesses that are 100% preventable but whether you are killing yourself by having unprotected sex with potentially an infected person, whether you are eating yourself to a death from unregulated high cholesterol/Hypertension/diabetes, or whether you are smoking/drinking or drugging yourself to a grave, the fact is they all are preventable and why people consciously choose do any of these things that lead to preventable death can not be easily explained and never will be easily explained.

On a certain level, I do not care if a person chooses to drug/drink themselves to death, etc, but I do definitely care about sharing information to encourage awareness.
Awareness is my main focus for the people that may not be currently making careful choices, but  wish to make more prudent & informed choices going forward.

I think that I'm starting to see it just like I see type 2 diabetes and all those other lifestyle diseases. It's a personal choice and I honestly don't care about it unless it 1)affects me and my pocket or 2)affects innocent children.

I think I really no longer care for an explanation about why people are choosing to contract HIV. Just like I don't care about why people drink. Nobody is going to give me HIV so...I guess this is one less thing for me to worry about in the world.
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:49pm

, the fact is they all are preventable and why people consciously choose do any of these things that lead to preventable death can not be easily explained and never will be easily explained.

yes.  over 10 years ago, my last company was one of the first to implement health and wellness programs specifically targeted toward outreach to members with key targeted diagnosis...what we used to call the "sickest of the sick".  in other words,  we know your diagnosis.  we know that you have end stage renal disease.  we have all of your claims so we also know that you have not had dialysis in over a week.  we will call you to see what the problem is.  a lot of times the members just didn't feel like going...Cry
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:49pm
why would someone tell you when you broke up with someone "do you know he had AIDS?"
da fvkkk bitch?!!

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

well that was one of the first and MOST important (imo anyway) things Obama did away with....the pre-existing condition clause.  so now there is NO reason a millionaire couldn't afford adequate insurance for whatever condition they have....but anyway, it should be easier for people to get somewhat affordable health care now if they should loose their job and still don't qualify for Medicaid...

Yes repealing the pre-existing condition clause ... VITAL

Aren't there maxes for coverage? Healthcare and guns are two things that make me pause about america

No. Obamacare ended that.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:52pm

well that was one of the first and MOST important (imo anyway) things Obama did away with....the pre-existing condition clause.  so now there is NO reason a millionaire couldn't afford adequate insurance for whatever condition they have....but anyway, it should be easier for people to get somewhat affordable health care now if they should loose their job and still don't qualify for Medicaid...

Unfortunately this ish is not all its cracked up to be, and I live in California where we have the expanded medicaid and all sorts of extra health programs.

Having a pre-existing condition is still ridiculously expensive and a huge burden. Case in point, it's been a month trying to find some way to cover a necessary procedure for me because in-network care is still very limited.

Health insurance in america is the biggest extortion racket and loads of people are making googobs of money off of the pain and suffering of people like me.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Yes repealing the pre-existing condition clause ... VITAL

Aren't there maxes for coverage? Healthcare and guns are two things that make me pause about america

there are.  but generally the limits are pretty high.  and i'm pretty certain the limits are plan/carrier specific.  meaning if you are reaching the max with plan a/company a,  there should be nothing stopping you from  switching plans/carriers.  pre-existing conditions prohibited this.  evil.

there are also out of pocket maxes that limit the yearly expense paid toward healthcare.

actually, when i am advising my friends/fam...this is the most important factor i tell them to consider...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:56pm
nj i think some Obamacare plans there still have those lifetime maxes.  i was looking into that when i stopped working.  but i actually have tricare...i was just looking to see what i'd have to pay to have northwestern in network for me.  it's not worth it tho.  i will take my happy azz on over to the university of Chicago...lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Unfortunately this ish is not all its cracked up to be, and I live in California where we have the expanded medicaid and all sorts of extra health programs.

Having a pre-existing condition is still ridiculously expensive and a huge burden. Case in point, it's been a month trying to find some way to cover a necessary procedure for me because in-network care is still very limited.

Health insurance in america is the biggest extortion racket and loads of people are making googobs of money off of the pain and suffering of people like me.

wait what?  do you have Medicaid?  or Obamacare plan?
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I could type all day about the chronic illnesses that are 100% preventable but whether you are killing yourself by having unprotected sex with potentially an infected person, whether you are eating yourself to a death from unregulated high cholesterol/Hypertension/diabetes, or whether you are smoking/drinking or drugging yourself to a grave, the fact is they all are preventable and why people consciously choose do any of these things that lead to preventable death can not be easily explained and never will be easily explained.

On a certain level, I do not care if a person chooses to drug/drink themselves to death, etc, but I do definitely care about sharing information to encourage awareness.
Awareness is my main focus for the people that may not be currently making careful choices, but  wish to make more prudent & informed choices going forward.

I think that I'm starting to see it just like I see type 2 diabetes and all those other lifestyle diseases. It's a personal choice and I honestly don't care about it unless it 1)affects me and my pocket or 2)affects innocent children.

I think I really no longer care for an explanation about why people are choosing to contract HIV. Just like I don't care about why people drink. Nobody is going to give me HIV so...I guess this is one less thing for me to worry about in the world.

Maysay, sadly enough I see where you're coming from.  At the end of the day, I don't see why there is any surprise about black folks and HIV.    It's not like we're out here making GREAT lifestyle choices in every other areas of our lives, and now we just happen to make poor choices when it comes to sex.  Truth is, black folks are at the bottom of the list in almost every marker associated with lifestyle choice.  It just happens to be an HIV conversation today.  We could have a conversion tomorrow on Type II diabetes, and Bam, we're at the bottom of the list again.  Next day, Obesity. Same thing.  Next day, unwanted pregnancies. Same thing. Next day, financial health, and on and on and on.  Yes, there are socio-economic factors that can't be discounted, but it's not like most black folks are out here making great choices in most areas of their lives.  It is what it is.

Edited by rohan - Jun 27 2014 at 7:02pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by rohan rohan wrote:

Maysay, sadly enough I see where you're coming from.  At the end of the day, I don't see why there is any surprise about black folks and HIV.    It's not like we're out here making GREAT lifestyle choices in every other areas of our lives, and now we just happen to make poor choices when it comes to sex.  Truth is, black folks are at the bottom of the list in almost every marker associated with lifestyle choice.  It just happens to be an HIV conversation today.  We could have a conversion tomorrow on Type II diabetes, and Bam, we're at the bottom of the list again.  Next day, Obesity. Same thing.  Next day, unwanted pregnancies. Same thing. Next day, financial health, and on and on and on.  Yes, there are socio-economic factors that can't be discounted, but it's not like most black folks are out here making great choices in most areas of their lives.  It is what it is.

Not connected to this thread at all but the bold just reminded of what the puppeteer for Kermit the frog said today or yesterday because of all the Kermit memes going around. He said black people just ruin everything...we find a way to take everything to it's lowest level. Now obviously he's a complete racist (and I know that's not what you're saying). But it just reminded me about how other people see us and how we see ourselves and what that means for our lives.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>