Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

im not opposed to free 

That's what I'm accustomed to having grown up in Canada

But I've heard insured people complain about the quality of their care being drastically reduced by having universal healthcare so I wondered if there was a stigma or a marked difference in diagnosis, care, treatment options, etc

really?  i can see where people would take issue with network variations (meaning the docs/hosp that are offered plan vs plan) as well as total out of pocket costs but quality of care? hmmmmmmmm...that's something totally different...
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I am aware that some people that are covered by health insurance go to free clinics when they want to be tested for something that they do not want their spouse/live in partner to know of (If they go to their regular doctor under their insurance, an EOB - Explanation of Benefits, will be mailed to their house and their spouse may get the mail first and find out that they have had a pregnancy test/HIV or STD test.  That is actually extremely common at free clinics.

yep...

TC, we in the industry also know that some people go to free clinics when they do not want certain tests and diagnoses to go onto their 'MIB Report" (their permanent record) because they do not want to be rejected for life insurance, (or health insurance back when there was still a pre-existing condition clause) etc LOL

yep...LOL  girl some of the household claim mysteries i've had to untangle in my dayz....lordt.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

it kinda makes me a little paranoid and i kinda agree with femme. i assume every man is infected tbh.

i often wonder if people who feel this way ever let their guards down...like with their spouse...like when they want to have a baby...
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:28pm

im not opposed to free 

That's what I'm accustomed to having grown up in Canada

But I've heard insured people complain about the quality of their care being drastically reduced by having universal healthcare so I wondered if there was a stigma or a marked difference in diagnosis, care, treatment options, etc

But the thing is, though we have the ACA/Obamacare, we still do not have true Universal Healthcare here, so it can not be compared -The free clinics are pretty much resources for preventive health, and are not for comprehensive healthcare.

You cant compare a free medical center with free basic testing to a public or private insurance plan.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:28pm
yes specifically quality of care

Why do people flood the emergency rooms if there is top quality care in the free clinics?

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:30pm
At this point, I'm not sure I care about people getting HIV due to their own actions. People have enough education to prevent it, they just choose not to. For the same reasons people engage in other reckless behavior...they feel like it.

I do think HIV tests should be required for jobs and school (like TB tests and the meningitis vaccine) and any health related government assistance program. That might help lessen some of the transmission.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:30pm
right nj.  i assumed ricky was referring to obamacare and not true universal healthcare...but she may have been...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:36pm

Why do people flood the emergency rooms if there is top quality care in the free clinics?

lol...people who have insurance flood the emergency room unnecessarily.  this is a fact.  and this is why the copay (people with insurance) for emergency room visits has consistently crepped up.  this is why urgent care facilities have become so common.   industry studies show most people are really care adverse.  people wait until the last minute possible to seek treatment.  also, clinics have set operating hours and are generally not meant for serious medical issues. 
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:38pm
i mentioned earlier that I wondered if the HIV treatment options in the inner cities are the same as the treatment options in paid care

Treatment would have an impact on transmission

The study isn't referring to undiagnosed HIV is it?   The women are getting tested but it is somehow still getting transmitted at a high rate

So the clueless, careless, test phobic argument still doesn't make sense to me

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:40pm

Personal experience, it is a bit easier to deal with sickness/pain when you get a bed and a free meal. Even if you have to wait for a while first, at least you get to lie down once you get in, they'll feed you if it won't interfere with your illness, and it's a one stop shop for all the tests you might need. Sitting in uncomfortable chairs at the docs office or urgent care and then being told you have to run here and there for different tests is absolutely not the business when you are sick.

Another thing, and I do this, is that my insurance will cover me at any hospital if I am admitted through the emergency room. So I go to the emergency at the hospital where they have private rooms and free wifi instead of the one that isn't as fancy.

It's not necessarily about quality of care.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 25>
  Share Topic