Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:43pm
Welp, here comes pebbles to back it up! I'm assuming i know where she was and I'll say YUPX1000!

Undercover condoms is having a sale, http://www.undercovercondoms.com/ Once again Crown Skinless has won the World's best condom award (at Condom Depot)- 13 years and running. it's also number 2 at undercovercondom.com, but their own undercover branded condom is number one *side eye*

http://www.condomdepot.com/reviews/best-condoms.cfm List of the World's Best Condoms etc

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 27 2014 at 12:44pm
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:54pm
the concept of "universal precautions" is a good approach IMO! before you sleep with someone one of your dates should be to go and get tested- together! It may not seem romantic but its better than dealing with something later.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by pebbles251 pebbles251 wrote:

I understand too well.  But its because people look down on you when you tell them your family died from HIV. Many people who family says died from cancer or pheneumonia died from complications developed because of HIV.

yes this is trueCry.

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 1:05pm
yes, we have to do more to erase the stigma of HIV
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:28pm
I have only read pages 10 & 11 and I agree 100% with Diane & Pebbles. People know the risk. Many people do not care. Many people feel invincible and think that HIV happens to other people. Many people feel that if you 'look' healthy, you are free of HIV. Many people are afraid to require their partners to wear condoms with fear of offending them. Some people are afraid to require their partner to wear a condom because they are afraid of domestic violence. Many see condomless sex as 'special' as if it is a gift shared with their partner. Many people are not knowledgeable of the amount of people that they encounter every day that are on medication for HIV but do not say a word.

There have been countless threads on BHM where people discuss their unprotected sexual encounters with strangers, acquaintances and committed partners. The same people later post that they are 'healthy' and as clean as a whistle though they have no health insurance, no doctor exams and no HIV testing.  A guy on BHM detailed how he only dates women with college education and a 'good job' because they have something to lose and would likely be using 'something' to prevent pregnancy and that he has unprotected sex with them because none of the many women that he has dealt with have ever asked him to wear a condom. None.
Lets be honest, he isnt getting tested and the woman are not being tested.

Certain things can not be explained. There is a weird veil over HIV awareness in the black community. People meet, fall in love and move the partner in quickly have unprotected sex daily with no HIV tests no nothing. The have a nice date with a person that they just met and for the sake of spontaneity, they are having sex with no condoms. They are not discussing & stressing HIV awareness & prevention with their  children. I hear boys at the train station on a regular basis talking about how they do no not use condoms with some of their girlfriends but use them with some of their other girlfriends. I have friends that work in HIV testing centers as well as in hospitals that are baffled by the amount of people from very young (14) to elderly that go to have an HIV test b/c they are forced by a relative and are tested positive.

Certain things can not be explained. Just know that it is relavent, there is a crisis and since it is now a black epidemic, no one in power gives a shyt, so it is up to you to educate yourself, your mate and your children.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:36pm
Also, google the term 'serial monogamy'. I remember reading a study when my friend was getting her Public Health Administration PhD and was working in AIDS prevention and the findings of the study showed that in the Black community, 'serial monogamy' is the norm. We meet, we now 'go together', after a few weeks/months we have unprotected sex like a married couple, have babies, break up then the next relationship is the same, then the next. No HIV testing is involved, no one know until they are pregnant and the doctor gives an HIV test or until they fall ill from full blown HIV.

A lot of medical doctors do not give an HIV test in the annual physical. You have to specifically request it. Then the doctor looks at you crazy and wants to know if you had sex with a gay man, had an orgy or high-risk sex or if you used intravenous drugs. Then after the doctor gives the test. That alone turns some people off and makes them say, well since I havent done those things, Im probably fineApprove. Wrong. Very wrong.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:46pm
^great posts Glam

I have said this before on BHM, I had a black nurse at the school hospital tell me I only needed to use condoms 50% of the time.  And this was a highly ranked hospital.  I was only like 20 I think. I remember being so shocked and I said "what?" She was like "well nobody is safe 100% of the time so just try for 1/2 the time."

in hindsight I should have reported her reckless ass. How do you tell young folk that kind of sh*t?
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:55pm
interesting...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:58pm
if you don't have insurance how do you manage your yearly well woman visit?
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

if you don't have insurance how do you manage your yearly well woman visit?

Free clinics, health centers.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style