Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 23>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:36am
No feelings were caught. I would just hope in a thread about a disease this will affect 1 in every 32 black women and 1 in every 16 black men, some sense of couth would enter your brain.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:37am
I came back to read the serious responses. Don't worry about me.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:42am
femme who is the 'her' you are you referring to? 

lol@ yall acting like you didnt see NG take a jab at all of bhm first… 
her response couldnt have been serious 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:44am
And I literally think every woman should have the mindset that every male they meet is HIV positive. It could save so many lives. Just get tested. The rapid test at many of these clinics takes 5-10 minutes! What's 5-10 minutes versus having to pay hundreds-thousands for treatment for the rest of your life? What's 5-10 minutes to saving your life? If someone objects then consider yourself lucky because he/she may have something to hide. 

eta: I'm not responding to the personal crap y'all have going on. HIV IS KILLING OUR COMMUNITY. I repeat, HIV IS KILLING BLACK MEN AND WOMEN.

We are the group LEAST likely to be able to afford treatment yet we have the fastest growing rates in the country.

There are people on this very board who do not know their status. There are anonymous women and men who browse these boards every day who need to see threads like this as a catalyst to get tested. Take your issues to the Random Thoughts thread or something. 

Edited by femmemichelle - Jun 27 2014 at 9:47am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:45am
nvm, dont answer.. i wont derail the thread any further. 
continue on with your positive, uplifting, serious conversation about how to better our women whilst inbetween commenting on ineptness and poorness of bhm. 

babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:47am
Being thought of as poor is worse than HIV?!? We have a long way to go.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:51am
Not to mention herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc. 

I just wish our women would get tested! 

Stop settling for these in the "heat-of-the-moment" acts of "love" only to find out that man who really just wanted to f*ck then bounce left you with a lifelong affliction. It's not worth it. It's never worth it!!
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:08am
babel, that wasnt the point… 

but anyways, i know ive been vocal on here about my carelessness as far as protecting myself before… 
im not about that life anymore and it is a very serious issue.. and people do think, 'it wont happen to me..' but yea, im going to be more responsible about it. i was dumb. 
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:12am
My post was to no one in particular. The tone of the thread actually saddens me as a black female.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:22am
I don't believe the higher HIV rates are due to black women being less responsible, less aware or less educated

There's likely a systemic reason for this

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 23>
  Share Topic