Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:26am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

That is sad. I wish more black women knew their worth.

How can we do that when within the first couple of pages of an HIV thread, women start insulting each other because of their relationship status???!!Confused We base our value on whether we are single, have a baby daddy, boyfriend, or husband. It's sick.

Also, I thought it was a well known fact that there was a strong correlation between socioeconomic status and HIV/AIDS. It's not even debatable. 
Sponsored Links

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:38am
nvm
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:58am
And then there's stuff like this in DC.  You can't even make this sh*t up.

Jury finds HIV/AIDS grant money was used to build a strip club.

Edited by rohan - Jun 27 2014 at 8:59am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:16am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

That is sad. I wish more black women knew their worth.

How can we do that when within the first couple of pages of an HIV thread, women start insulting each other because of their relationship status???!!Confused We base our value on whether we are single, have a baby daddy, boyfriend, or husband. It's sick.

Also, I thought it was a well known fact that there was a strong correlation between socioeconomic status and HIV/AIDS. It's not even debatable. 

to be fair I was defending bhm....but carry on
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:32am
NG first made a comment about there being people on bhm with hiv because most of bhm is poor and thats why theyre on here so much.. 

the man plan thing wasnt out of left field.. 

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I have nothing to prove on here but to be honest some of you all need to come clean about the issues you struggling with, because its obvious something is WRONG with you... trying to attack anyone you feel has a trait you can exploit for your own amusement!

Girl you already know you can't have a serious convo with these heaux without them bringing up something irrelevant. HIV is a SERIOUS topic and the fact that someone tried to derail this thread for a few likes when this disease is killing people every hour of the day shows how inept her life is. 

There are so many people that don't know about free testing centers. I called Planned Parenthood a while ago and was told the cost started at around $80+ I believe. There's a clinic literally a few blocks from the PP that does it for free...and gives free condoms and tickets to baseball games! LOL Women need to learn to protect themselves, especially. Many of our women are in what they believe are monogamous relationships. Yet, their men are sexing down other men, women, etc., and bringing a special gift back to their wives/girlfriends. It's disgusting and I honestly think it should be criminalized. It's one thing to unknowingly infect your partner because of an unknown HIV positive status that you may have acquired from a previous relationship or time in your life, but when you KNOW you're sleeping around in a monogamous relationship, you should be held liable for infecting your partner. 

I had what I thought was an HIV scare and it literally destroyed me for the few weeks I assumed I had contracted it. Although I'd used a condom so many thoughts ran threw my mind. Then the symptoms came. Oh, the symptoms.

Never Google HIV symptoms if you think you may have been exposed. It literally killed me mentally because I attributed every cough, sore throat, episode of fatigue, etc with the disease. Come to find out, I'd just acquired food poisoning.

I truly pray and really want to do something for those who are affected by the disease. I can't even imagine and I don't want to imagine. But, prevention is key. I still can't fathom how in this day, people are still having unprotected sex with people they barely know and not getting tested. Way too many consequences. I need for our women to stop learning this the hard way. 

Edited by femmemichelle - Jun 27 2014 at 9:35am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:33am

lol

whatever

yall must be in the same boat as ng and caught feelings.....

by the way we also tried to help you in that other thread you made but you chose to focus on one comment and never came back

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 27 2014 at 9:35am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:36am
No feelings were caught. I would just hope in a thread about a disease this will affect 1 in every 32 black women and 1 in every 16 black men, some sense of couth would enter your brain.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:37am
I came back to read the serious responses. Don't worry about me.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:38am

you are right femme I have no couth on this message board....how have I made it all these years in life?

and your internet opinion of me hurts so much....ouch

if I am so rude, ignore me

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 27 2014 at 9:40am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com