Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

we are talking like They... and this is part of the problem everyone thinks that they are not at risk!

"They" refers to the poor black women in DC that this article is talking about. 

I was going to say this :-)
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:23pm
I watched this with the bf tonight. fell asleep midway though. I actually thought about PH when i saw it on the tv guideEmbarrassed

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 26 2014 at 11:23pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:31pm

man this is crazy. according to the stats I wonder how many members here have HIV? I am not making a joke. I just think its crazy. I get tested at least once per year! Thank GOD I am free of this- but at least people feel like they can come clean- instead of living in shame and silence.

Ain't no poor people on BHM.
I think most are poor,that's why they spend so much time on this forum waiting for a something amazing to happen???
but all jokes aside this is still killing Black women at an alarming rate!

Naturesgift, is English your first language ? I'm not being disrespectful.

Also when you said Waiting for something amazing to happen??? did you mean drama on the board between members?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:45pm
Didn't read the thread or see the program but something else to consider ...

access to treatment or the types of treatments being prescribed to blacks may have an impact on transmission rates

Studies have revealed how doctors show bias against blacks ... two studies off the top of my head, when prescribing pain meds and the other in diagnosis of disease for blacks

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:47pm
NG sounds very much like two other posters

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:54am
I think it also has to do with peoples attitudes towards sex. People have Sex with other people so freely and at the same time think its too soon to say: "I love you."
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 1:03am
I did not watch this documentary so I can't comment on it. But what I would like to comment on is the fact that as a Black community we still continue to act like this is isolated to the underclass when HIV is crossing all classes...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

NG sounds very much like two other posters

what is it that you mean?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 1:05am
It's 2014.  People need to protect themselves, the information is everywhere.  If I were to contract it I wouldn't have anyone to blame but myself...it's way too embedded in our community for 20 plus years to pretend not to know better.  We all take the risk when we have sex.  I agree with the statements about learning your worth...I blame that over education.  You can't educate the willfully ignorant, the education is very public and accessible.  I doubt that anyone in America that tests positive will claim that they were never told anything.  A bunch of women being infected by careless men that only care about getting their dck wet.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 1:18am
Originally posted by rohan rohan wrote:

we are talking like They... and this is part of the problem everyone thinks that they are not at risk!

"They" refers to the poor black women in DC that this article is talking about. 

I was going to say this :-)
Well in the clip it says Americas' silent epidemic * Black America, it had both men and women as a focus subtitle: Our America so for me THEY includes all of us
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 25>