Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

we are talking like They... and this is part of the problem everyone thinks that they are not at risk!

I don't know if it's really a part of the problem. But maybe.

All I know is my risk is close to 0...but I still see it as "our" problem.
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:12pm
That is sad. I wish more black women knew their worth.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

That is sad. I wish more black women knew their worth.
I wish this too, but for both men and women! If we had more value for each other then we could be so much greater
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:17pm
I may have missed it, but did that guy who lives in Rhode Island say if he tried to contact the people he had infected?

Edited by PurplePhase - Jun 26 2014 at 10:17pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:51pm

we are talking like They... and this is part of the problem everyone thinks that they are not at risk!

"They" refers to the poor black women in DC that this article is talking about. 

rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

"They" refers to the poor black women in DC that this article is talking about. 

I was going to say this :-)
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:23pm
I watched this with the bf tonight. fell asleep midway though. I actually thought about PH when i saw it on the tv guideEmbarrassed

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 26 2014 at 11:23pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

man this is crazy. according to the stats I wonder how many members here have HIV? I am not making a joke. I just think its crazy. I get tested at least once per year! Thank GOD I am free of this- but at least people feel like they can come clean- instead of living in shame and silence.

Ain't no poor people on BHM.
I think most are poor,that's why they spend so much time on this forum waiting for a something amazing to happen???
but all jokes aside this is still killing Black women at an alarming rate!

Naturesgift, is English your first language ? I'm not being disrespectful.

Also when you said Waiting for something amazing to happen??? did you mean drama on the board between members?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:45pm
Didn't read the thread or see the program but something else to consider ...

access to treatment or the types of treatments being prescribed to blacks may have an impact on transmission rates

Studies have revealed how doctors show bias against blacks ... two studies off the top of my head, when prescribing pain meds and the other in diagnosis of disease for blacks

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:47pm
NG sounds very much like two other posters

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>