Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:14pm
Black people in the U.S are more likely to be poor than whites.  Poverty is associated with a lack of education.  Combine these two and you'll see almost every societal ill imaginable: high drug use, alcoholism, teenage pregnancy, sexual promiscuity, single-parent homes, and the list goes on and on.  

In DC's case, the 8th ward is a case-study for everything I mentioned here.  It's crazy that less than 4 miles from there you'll find some of the richest communities in the entire country.

Edited by rohan - Jun 26 2014 at 9:24pm
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I think part of it is due to having Sex with strangers/and infected partners and please don't say condoms because they are not 100 percent effective

How to avoid it is easy...abstain from iv drug use and sex.

I'm more concerned about the why. Why is it that black women in particular seem to have a mindset that includes no care for their health? Especially when we clearly care about other more trivial things. I wonder if it's because people don't really die from HIV anymore, kind of like diabetes.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:26pm
bhm has all types of crazy and varying standards of poorness… 
ive been called a broke bitch on here myself.. 
i wouldnt pay NG any mind. 

i think people come up with things about other posters to try to make themselves feel better. 
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:30pm
Can we stay on topic?This is an interesting subject.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:31pm
Research shows that even in the poorest communities people know what condoms, unprotected sex, and HIV are due to television and public information campaigns.

I just don't understand what's missing that causes people to have unprotected sex. IV drug use and dirty needles I understand, because you're not in your right mind.

Edit: Maybe it's because people are having sex younger? Much more likely to make the decision to have unprotected sex then. And if nothing bad happens to you, you'll probably carry that habit into the future.

Edited by maysay1 - Jun 26 2014 at 9:33pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:32pm
so poor people are not on the internet? ok? and only the poor get HIV? ok and I am here getting tips from Non-married women Ok? lol it all is becoming clear now
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:33pm
i remember finding out someone i went to college with has AIDS....it's still shocking to me
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Research shows that even in the poorest communities people know what condoms, unprotected sex, and HIV are due to television and public information campaigns.

I just don't understand what's missing that causes people to have unprotected sex. IV drug use and dirty needles I understand, because you're not in your right mind.

its not just these people getting HIV...
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:35pm
I just started watching
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i remember finding out someone i went to college with has AIDS....it's still shocking to me

one? sad as that is, this is great. I lost quite a few college friends as a result of hiv/aids.

eta: by great I mean it shows progress. But still not enough.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jun 26 2014 at 9:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>