Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Our America: Rising Rate Of HIV In DC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:26pm
yeah pity i was gonna also comment that i thought it was more about socioeconomics...but i saw others had already covered it.

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 27 2014 at 6:26pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i did not even touch on Medicaid or medicare because technically people who have this HAVE insurance.

they have no need to go to a free clinic.

i say this all the time.  the health insurance crisis is REALLY about the WORKING poor who does not qualify for Medicaid/medicare....

EXACTLYClapClapClap

lol....as if it isn't already bad enough that the working poor without insurance pays "retail" which is generally 3-4 times the insurance contracted rate.  it's f*ckin ridiculous all the way around...a travesty.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:29pm
The middle class in general is in a healthcare quandary 

Lose your job, have a costly health crisis or otherwise get denied coverage and you're in a real bind

Even millionaires can't afford some health crises

The whole system needs an overhaul 
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I can name 2 people that I know personally who died from full blown AIDS that held their secret til the very end and revealed it on their death bed (men), I know a woman right now that is telling people that she has bone cancer when she actually contracted HIV from her ex-bf and I know a woman that is married with HIV that contracted it it from her 1st husband who died from it. Her current husband has no clue. This is a crisis.  It does not make sense, but it is happening.

Hearing and seeing stuff like that just makes me wonder, where is people's sense of responsibility to themselves? Like how do you marry someone and not know their complete medical history?

I think this thread has helped me talk myself right out of caring about this issue. Seems like contracting HIV through unprotected sex is no different than drunk driving or taking drugs. It's a personal choice and the user knows the consequences.

I need to switch my focus from worrying about transmission to supporting legal repercussions for those who continue to infect others.

I could type all day about the chronic illnesses that are 100% preventable but whether you are killing yourself by having unprotected sex with potentially an infected person, whether you are eating yourself to a death from unregulated high cholesterol/Hypertension/diabetes, or whether you are smoking/drinking or drugging yourself to a grave, the fact is they all are preventable and why people consciously choose do any of these things that lead to preventable death can not be easily explained and never will be easily explained.

On a certain level, I do not care if a person chooses to drug/drink themselves to death, etc, but I do definitely care about sharing information to encourage awareness.
Awareness is my main focus for the people that may not be currently making careful choices, but  wish to make more prudent & informed choices going forward.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:37pm
wow----the dudes wife said she knew he was positive but it didn't matter then bc she wanted a fix. and then she got pregnant several times and miraculously she never got AIDS and neither did her kids.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:37pm
well that was one of the first and MOST important (imo anyway) things Obama did away with....the pre-existing condition clause.  so now there is NO reason a millionaire couldn't afford adequate insurance for whatever condition they have....but anyway, it should be easier for people to get somewhat affordable health care now if they should loose their job and still don't qualify for Medicaid...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:40pm

well that was one of the first and MOST important (imo anyway) things Obama did away with....the pre-existing condition clause.  so now there is NO reason a millionaire couldn't afford adequate insurance for whatever condition they have....but anyway, it should be easier for people to get somewhat affordable health care now if they should loose their job and still don't qualify for Medicaid...

Yes repealing the pre-existing condition clause ... VITAL

Aren't there maxes for coverage? Healthcare and guns are two things that make me pause about america

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:41pm

ricky most of what you are talking about can be directly related back to the pre-existing condition clause and/or outrageous premiums for individual health insurance...

Believable

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:42pm
ricky most of what you are talking about can be directly related back to the pre-existing condition clause and/or outrageous premiums for individual health insurance...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:47pm
any stats on poor whites and HIV? Do they fair better? Any significant difference in health care in inner cities vs healthcare in rural areas?

We've seen stats where whites on a whole earn more and have a higher ratio of middleclass/wealthy to poor

I just refuse to buy into bw being disproportionately cavalier, reckless, promiscuous etc

NJ I don't know where to find reliable stats, better left in the hands of bhm statisticians

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>
  Share Topic