Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

OUCH!! ITCHY WEAVE...HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OUCH!! ITCHY WEAVE...HELP
    Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 5:31am
Good morning Ladies!

My daughter recently got one installed. This is her first official weave w/a net. She has been up since 2am scratching like the devil! Can anyone give me some suggestions (other than taking this $400 hairstyle out) to assist her with this? Or is this some type of "reaction"...She's so sleepy...I feel bad for her...Confused

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links

Mizz_Sunshine_69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Good morning Ladies!My daughter recently got one installed. This is her first official weave w/a net. She has been up since 2am scratching like the devil! Can anyone give me some suggestions (other than taking this $400 hairstyle out) to assist her with this? Or is this some type of "reaction"...She's so sleepy...I feel bad for her...ConfusedThanks in advance...

How long has she had it installed? If it's been over a week or so, she may be due for a wash and she should concentrate on the scalp. Product build up could be the cause. Also, try mixing a solution if distilled water and witch hazel in a spray bottle. She can spray that onto her scalp in-between her tracks and that should help with the itching.

Hope this helps.
Nigerian Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 6:18am
She can be itching from a few different reasons. The net, or not so clean comb used during install, or if "braiding hair" especially synthetic was used for her foundation, or a combo of all the above.   

Like already said I would probably either use an astringent like Witch Hazel or even Sea Breeze Astringent for Skin and Scalp. I would then f/u with a shampoo that has like peppermint in it or something that states "tingly" or "scalp cleansing". There's plenty of BSS brands but KeraCare has the Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo that really opens up the pores and provides a cooling cleansing sensation. Then a good moisturizing conditioner. May need to dilute the condish becuz under the net you certainly don't want any build up. Then allow the hair (under hooded dryer if possible) to dry completely. Then lastly once you know the scalp is clean a pepperminty/essential oils braid spray tailored for dry itchy scalp sprayed between the wefts.

But you have "ouch" in your post so before anything make sure itchiness is just that...itchy, and not actually from real tight braids and real tight sewing. If that's the case and the "ouch" if severe doesn't let up soon...then the install may need to come out because I've seen too many horror stories of ill-installed hair leading to severe follicle damage.

But if no physical pain, but more so pain in the @$$ from the itching a good cleansing/stimulating/pore opening wash-condish will likely do the trick plus preventing overall product buildup and general dryness.
HairPage1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairPage1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 8:18am
I've had this problem especially when using a net at times and its hard to scratch that overwhelming itch. I use a rat tail comb and use a little bit of Ultra Sheen Anti Inch Hairdress (with tree oil) on the tip and insert it in the holes of the net and where it itches and that usually helps. It may also be build up or the synthetic hair but I hope this helps.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 8:39am
You guys are awsome! She's had it in for going on 2wks this Saturday. she hasn't used any product b/c we were warned not to use any on the hair. Her hair was braided with synthetic so that may be the culprit.

I used ouch...b/c after so much itching...your scalp does become tender. I'm heading to the BSS in a few and I'm gonna get the seabreaze & some of that anti-itch shampoo. Thanks again ladies....You're always there when I call...always on time"....*Ashanti voice*LOL
Reece83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reece83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 8:44am
Why did someone warn not to use product on it, is it because the type of hair used? It's normal to wash it weekly.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Reece83 Reece83 wrote:

Why did someone warn not to use product on it, is it because the type of hair used? It's normal to wash it weekly.
I don't know...the stylist state "don't use any product on the hair". I didn't ask either. I just assumed it was because the quality of hair doesn't require anything? For the most part, it doesn't look the worse for wear. It is however, shedding like an ol mink in the summertime...but I digress....lol 
Reece83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reece83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 9:05am
Maybe the stylist meant no oils or hair spray because it weighs it down. Mine is shedding like crazy because I didn't seal the wefts, but I knew this would be my last beauty supply store hair so I didn't care.
blackbar-b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackbar-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 9:05am
her scalp may just be dry and need to be oiled/moisturized..
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Reece83 Reece83 wrote:

Maybe the stylist meant no oils or hair spray because it weighs it down. Mine is shedding like crazy because I didn't seal the wefts, but I knew this would be my last beauty supply store hair so I didn't care.
She might have Reece83...chilllie...I don't know...haha...I had a weave maybe 4 years ago for about 3 days! I couldn't take it. So I am no expert. That's why I came to you guys. I paid a lot for the hair $115 a bundle (which was 230). Which to me not having a clue on hair pricing was steep. So I had expectiations it would last. The stylist told me it will hold for 4 installs...I highly doubt it, but we shall see..Geek
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic