Perfect Hair Collection

Oscars Red Carpet 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

i was happy  black screenwriter won but yeah Ridley gave a weird ass, kinda dry speech... he's either a sourpuss or just doesnt know how to be happy, that's one of the major awards and he was like "oh whatever" LOL

Z, apparently there is a dispute b/w them over the screenplay . McQueen wanted writing credit too and Ridley refused. So my friend was right and I was wrong LOL, which he happily pointed out to me repeatedly .

(they say McQueen gave Ridley the slow clap LOL)

see story below.

Image: http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19hd1ile09il9gif/ku-xlarge.gif

Last night, if you hadn't fall asleep by time it was announced, you may have noticed a slight chill when screenwriter John Ridley went up to accept his Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for "12 Years A Slave." He curiously didn't even acknowledge director Steve McQueen, walking by him on his way up to the stage, and in his speech, he thanked everyone involved with the movie except the director. Is that beef we're smelling?

According to Nikki Finke, it could be as the former Deadline reporter tweeted out the following last night:

The Wrap has more context, revealing that after McQueen tapped Ridley to pen the adaptation on spec — and "had a hand in shaping" the final result, but was denied by the writer when he asked for a co-credit. Fox Searchlight sided with Ridley, and everyone involved agreed to keep the battle under wraps, but it has surfaced in recent weeks, starting at the BAFTAs where Ridley was excluded from McQueen's prepared speech. And while McQueen did mention the writer at the Golden Globes, it was a last minute reminder by a producer, reportedly to keep any notice of tension behind the scenes from affecting the Oscar campaign.

But last night, neither McQueen or Ridley mentioned the other in their speeches indicating that feelings are still very much bruised. And it's not the first time Ridley has clashed with a director over credits to movie. Way back in 1999, Ridley and David O. Russell battled over "Three Kings," with the writer blocking the director from publishing a book of the screenplay. Ridley wrote "Three Kings" on spec, but Russell rewrote the script extensively and the WGA ultimately ruling granting a Ridley a "story by" credit. "This is a guy who every step of the way has tried to grab credit," Ridley told EW at the time. "I never heard a word while he was shooting the movie. Never saw any of the script changes. And then finally, a year later, I get a copy of the script, and my name isn't even on it. It's 'by David O. Russell.' My name is nowhere."

Below, check out Ridley's walk through the Dolby Theater, and McQueen's fake applause in response which has immediately gone viral.

Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:37pm
I could tell he was nervous or something was up because he kissed his 'wife' twice like he didn't know he'd done that already LOL.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

<p ="rtecenter"> photo 158_2659_350_zps5fcbd907.jpg

Pharrel looks his age

As bad as this photo is, actually watching them in vid clips was even worse. *throws a rotten tomato*
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:51pm
yeah PP, i thought Ridley didnt mention SM, Brad Pitt nor any of the other producers but deleted it from my initial post coz i thought maybe i was wrong and wasnt remembering correctly. but it was definitely a tense segment, he kissed his wife (gf?) and strolled past SM like nada...his speech felt like he was in a totally different movie. hope he doesnt ruin his reputation with this
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 10:05pm
Oscar Pizza Delivery Man Received $1,000 Tip

(and $10 million in advertising LOL)

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 04 2014 at 10:11pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 12:58am
interesting.

Ellen Doesn't Own Famous Oscar Photo ... Guess Who Does

0303_ellen_selfie_oscars_twitter

Ellen DeGeneres does NOT own the picture that broke Twitter ... unless he signed his rights away, the owner of the famous Oscar pic is BRADLEY COOPER.

Here's the way it works ... the person who owns the now-famous photo is the person who actually took it ... NOT the person who owns the camera or organized the shoot. 

Cooper was the snapper ... so it's his.

And even if Ellen signed her rights over to the Academy when she signed her hosting gig, the Academy would have no rights to the photo, because Ellen can't transfer what isn't hers.

So unless Bradley signed his rights away to the Academy, he's the copyright owner.  Any use of the pic without his permission is a violation of the copyright.

He seemed down with tweeting it out, so Ellen is cool.  But any use of the pic on TV shows -- including hers -- would only be kosher with Bradley's blessing.  And he'd own the rights to any reproduction.

It all translates into cash.  It could come in handy if that "Hangover" money runs out.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 12:59am
Bradley knew what he was doing when  he kept reaching for the camera saying "let me take it." LOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:30am
Confused
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:41am
this seems to be the "funnest" Oscars in years.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:49am
Because it was the Blackest
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>