Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins Info Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
xx_quanna_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx_quanna_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins Info Wanted
    Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 4:52pm
Could Someone Pla-easee explain the luster,stand thickness and body of;

• Eurasian
  • Peruvian 
  • Malaysian
  • Cambodian
  • Filipino
  • Russian

...Before i go and purchase $600+ worth of hair (W/o the bullsh** of its all Chinese). I plan on ordering a silk base closure so blending really isn't much of an issue but i do wanna leave my front edges out. 

I Just don't want anything;
  •  too silky
  • wont hold a curl 
  • or is ridiculous heavy (as i like full hair like the UK girls)
  • changes texture after processing ----- ie. becoming more silkier 

Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 9:25pm
The only thing I can speak on  from experience  on your list is Malaysian, If I had to best describe I would say think Kimora Lee Simmons. Thicker than Indian as far a s density but not as heavy as Chinese and holds a curl better.Hope that makes sense.

As far as The "Russian" hair vendors are peddling its hair closer to the border which is code word for "Chinese" with a markup. Chinese hair is notorious for not holding a curl.

I know whats her face was supposed to be scalping those Cambodians but I never believed, I always thought it was steam processed Indian hair.... Shrugs Shoulders They always called it course and low luster.

It really depends on your vendor, do I believe you are getting Peruvian hair off Ali Express Nope. The only place that had actual Filipino hair was Mane Depot, maybe its more vendors that do but I dont trust all these fly by night companies.

For $600 please dont be on Alibaba. 

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 7:29am
i would suggest you to purchase virgin russian hair ( it not real russian,it uzbek hair).Depending where you buy it from,you can choose the luster and texture.It holds a curl very well and does not change texture after processing.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 8:12am
Filipino is heavy. Cambodian and Russian (Uzbeks) come in different textures and lusters.
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by xx_quanna_x xx_quanna_x wrote:

Could Someone Pla-easee explain the luster,stand thickness and body of;

• Eurasian
  • Peruvian 
  • Malaysian
  • Cambodian
  • Filipino
  • Russian

...Before i go and purchase $600+ worth of hair (W/o the bullsh** of its all Chinese). I plan on ordering a silk base closure so blending really isn't much of an issue but i do wanna leave my front edges out. 

I Just don't want anything;
  •  too silky
  • wont hold a curl 
  • or is ridiculous heavy (as i like full hair like the UK girls)
  • changes texture after processing ----- ie. becoming more silkier 

Luster will vary regardless of the name associated with the hair.  Everyone's hair has a different luster so it would be the same case with Peruvian, Malaysian and the like.  If you are getting processed patterns - the ability to get medium and low luster is a bit easier as they are processed and will remove most of the luster depending on the process.

While strand thickness will also vary since not one region, ethnicity,race are restricted to fine, medium or coarse strands - it's common to find thicker (coarse) strands amongst Asians - Filipino and Cambodian as on your list.  Malaysian and "Russian" (Eurasian, Uzbek and South East Asian) tend to yield fine strands but you can get medium and or coarse strands as well.  Peruvian tends to be a tossup between medium and fine strands.

Silkier textures from your list - Filipino and Peruvian.  Cambodian is pretty silky as it's not heavily textured as the "Russian" group and Malaysian tends to have texture so it's not so silky.

Hope this helps.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System