Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Break Outs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL - acne free in 1 week!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL - acne free in 1 week!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 11:29am
I keep trying to apply EVCO and it never fails, I break out in monster zits.  Which is weird because I can consume coconut products with no problem.
Sponsored Links

lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2012 at 5:50pm
I use that to moisturize my hair and I've heard it helps with acne, but having oily skin, I always feel like it'll be counterproductive.
BarBieGiRL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarBieGiRL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 5:49pm
I find GNC products to be crappy quality. I would use a raw cocounut oil from a health food store.

I remember reading up on this but never gave it a try. *shrugs*
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:58am
I stumbled upon some girl's blog who mentioned that a girl who whips out homemade products to sell said that olive oil is great for people with acne. Then I found out that applies as well to coconut oil and I have been using for a few days. So far so good.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 2:49am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I keep trying to apply EVCO and it never fails, I break out in monster zits.  Which is weird because I can consume coconut products with no problem.

that probably can be corrected if you exfoliate first...this other member posted about a method she has been doing with olive oil which can feel just as greasy as coconut oil on a oily skin!

open your pores by either placing a hot towel on your face or just let the steam from water boiling do the work.
then put the oil of your choice on your face.
it worked for her.
marieeugene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote marieeugene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 1:19am
Applying coconut oil and olive oil to your skin will probably break you out. It's okay to ingest them, but the high amounts of triglyceride in these oils will only feed the p. acne bacteria in your pores. I have yet to see these oils work for anyone, eventually you will break out again. The only 2 oils that will not break you out are Sunflower and Safflower oils Smile
naturalhaitian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturalhaitian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 11:40pm
 i tried the extra virgin coconut oil on my skin as lotion & at first, it made my skin soft & smooth & lighten up my stretch marks in the first 2 weeks, then the third week, I broke out in a itchy red rash, I put some cortisone 10 on it and that the stop the red itchiness and the red rash turned into brown spots, now these brown spots seem to not want to go away, I have them all over my breasts, waist, lower back, and arms area Cry I don't know what to do. I tried extra virgin olive oil for 2 weeks hoping it would go away, but no luck. does anyone know or heard of ways to remove dark spots which were the cause of a rash, its hard to get physically with my boyfriend, or wear any tops with cleavage. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style