Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Orange is the new black"--Netflix original series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"Orange is the new black"--Netflix original series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 65>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

IMO they should stop at 3 seasons. It already feels like they are stretching out a story that's already hit it's emotional climax.

I mean, the cast of characters could continue going on but since the show is tied to Piper's story, there just isn't much else to do aside from closure to her and Alex.

none of this is following the book anyway so they can go as long as they want.  its a prison so as long as they incoming, is there really an end?  Piper isnt really necessary.

And her sentence can change at any time. There will be no closure cause Alex will be back.Alex will be back
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:46pm
She told on Alex more because she afraid for her life than anything.
She's still in love.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:50pm
I agree 100% that Piper isn't necessary. If the series just wanted to focus on the diverse cast of colorful inmates then I'd be 100% on board with them going as many seasons as needed. But that isn't what Netflix is doing. The real Piper is a show consultant or whatever, and I know they aren't going to write her out of the show. In fact I believe Netflix thinks she is the anchor to the show. Can't just have a show about a bunch of crazy drug dealing, murdering, loud inmates without having the white, high class, privileged, liberal   "relateable - or *gulp* endearing as coco said - character represented. It's how they sell the show in trailers, so even if her story is wildly irrelevant, it's still included so that the viewer can have someone's shoes to step inside of voyeurlistically.

To be clear, yes Netflix can go as long as they want, but I'm saying I can't see the quality of the show remaining high if they still insist on Piper being the lead character, as her story doesn't have much juice to ring out before it becomes really contrived.

Spoiler
Her trip down south being canceled and Alex coming back an example of the contrivances.
Good shows know when to end.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jun 08 2014 at 4:51pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:52pm

Spoiler
Her trip down south being canceled and Alex coming back an example of the contrivances.
Good shows know when to end.

They coulda left that whole part out tbh. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Wynter Wynter wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

IMO they should stop at 3 seasons. It already feels like they are stretching out a story that's already hit it's emotional climax.

I mean, the cast of characters could continue going on but since the show is tied to Piper's story, there just isn't much else to do aside from closure to her and Alex.

none of this is following the book anyway so they can go as long as they want.  its a prison so as long as they incoming, is there really an end?  Piper isnt really necessary.

And her sentence can change at any time. There will be no closure cause Alex will be back.Alex will be back

dont give me hope.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Anyone talk about when dude looked up in the bar and that old lady was sitting there lmfaoooo i was laughing for 5 minutes straight
She's one of my fave characters this season.i died laughing at that dirty tiny smiling face and his look of shock LOL
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Anyone talk about when dude looked up in the bar and that old lady was sitting there lmfaoooo i was laughing for 5 minutes straight
She's one of my fave characters this season.i died laughing at that dirty tiny smiling face and his look of shock
LOL

Yes episode 6
I swear I couldn't stop laughing. Jimmy was rocking out.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:07pm
-not reading anything on this page… seems like spoilers- 

lol tatee and HB.. i kinda wanna pace myself cus the next season probably wont be until 2015.. plus i wanna be productive and save the show for nighttime.. 
idk how long that will last though.. i havent been very productive today. 

I think they could definitely go to 4 seasons.. About pipers sentencing being half way through… so that means she didnt get time added on for beating pennsatuckys ass? 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:07pm
Poussey and that white German girl had me feeling some type of way...

I love me some Poussey

I'd stalk her like she was Christafor (Christopher)

Edited by jonesable - Jun 08 2014 at 5:08pm
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:11pm
I decided to stop being stubborn and check out the first episode. The opening sequence assures me I would never last in prison. I'll turn this on whenever I feel myself about to go ham on a nicca. It ain't worth it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 65>