Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Oprah's Life Class - Fatherless Sons
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Oprah's Life Class - Fatherless Sons

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member


Joined: Sep 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 20243
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:12pm
So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 107585
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by loveandpeace1984 loveandpeace1984 wrote:

Ain't watching, have a father.

Back to Top
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2009
Location: TTT
Status: Offline
Points: 302631
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?

because shining the spotlight on single mothers is why deadbeat fathers continue to get away with it.
a mother making the wrong choice in a partner does not negate the fact that the man needs to be a father, period.  how many deadbeat fathers were once around and just dipped off at age 5 or 6 or after the divorce?


Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 07 2013 at 9:25pm
Back to Top
yellalady08 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:25pm
Any reason you give for just walking out of your child's life is crap. I understand not being financially stable and not wanting to see your child go without. But the ramifications of your absence is far worse. You just leave the mother to handle it alone. Sorry.

I really feel for the married women who go through this as well. Married dude, had kids,things go sour with the relationship and pops just ups and leaves. I would not expect that from a man I married. A one night stand maybe, but a husband!
Back to Top
yellalady08 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

[QUOTE=Omni Harmony]So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?

because shining the spotlight on single mothers is why deadbeat fathers continue to get away with it.
a mother making the wrong choice in a partner does not negate the fact that the man needs to be a father, period.  how many deadbeat fathers were once around and just dipped off at age 5 or 6 or after the divorce?

Umm huh...exactly . sometimes you marry the wrong person for all the right reasons. Kids can put strain on a marrige but the kids didn't ask to be here. Why punish them because yall can't get along.
Back to Top
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member


Joined: Sep 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 20243
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by yellalady08 yellalady08 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

[QUOTE=Omni Harmony]So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?

because shining the spotlight on single mothers is why deadbeat fathers continue to get away with it.
a mother making the wrong choice in a partner does not negate the fact that the man needs to be a father, period.  how many deadbeat fathers were once around and just dipped off at age 5 or 6 or after the divorce?

Umm huh...exactly . sometimes you marry the wrong person for all the right reasons. Kids can put strain on a marrige but the kids didn't ask to be here. Why punish them because yall can't get along.
I didn't say anything about the kids.  I said the mothers who create it.  If a man says he's not ready to be a dad or doesn't want to be with you, can you be surprised when he is absent later down the line?  Then everybody wants to cry to Iyanla.   Those that were created in mutual loving relationships are different.
Back to Top
yellalady08 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 10:11pm
Oh then yeah that is different but it is also up to him to protect himself.
Back to Top
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2009
Location: TTT
Status: Offline
Points: 302631
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 10:14pm
just like you say the female shouldn't be surprised...i've never understood ppl who have unprotected sex saying they don't want kids...myself included, if it happens i'm going in with the understanding of every consequence.  stop acting surprised.  
Back to Top
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 28 2006
Location: StrwberryFields
Status: Offline
Points: 299911
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 10:37pm
*sucks teef*
Back to Top
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 26 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 94642
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 11:35pm
Someone wrote the followig on LSA about Scottie Pipen abandoning his daughter

"He didn't want her. Period. He walked away from a child he didn't want. It;s hard for many of us to fathom abandoning our own flesh and blood. But it happens.

That's ugly,sad and cruel,but it is what it is. That's why he hasn't had a relationship with her or even tried to establish one. He never wanted her in the first place. I bet you anything he begged her mama to get an abortion and she refused. Yes,he should have strapped up and all the other talk. All this calling him a deadbeat and chit doesn't faze him whatsoever. He loves the kids HE WANTED and that's it. Not nan is given by Long Face about this girl.

Just because you get pregnant,doesn't mean you can MAKE a man be a father,especially for a child he obviously didn't want. He can pay support and you can't make him do anything else,unless HE WANTS TO. That's why you better choose who busts raw in you VERY carefully.

He gave financial support because he was TOLD to. Now that's she grown and that obligation is gone,he doesn't care. As Ms.Angelou said,he has shown his daughter who he is. She best believe it and not hurt herself even worse by trying for a relationship with a sperm donor who never wanted her."

Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down