Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives > Lace Front Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedOprah's Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oprah's Hair
    Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 12:02am

I've been noticing Oprah's hair lately...is that a flw or a weave? Somedays it look horrible and somedays it's realy cute.

Edited by Unladylikediva - Nov 21 2007 at 12:05am
Sponsored Links

obessedWhair11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 12:07am
i heard she wears half wigs to so she want be putting some stress on her real hair with heat and such but i've always just thought she had full nice thick hair
AppleCheeks View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 12:14am
Originally posted by obessedWhair11 obessedWhair11 wrote:

i heard she wears half wigs to so she want be putting some stress on her real hair with heat and such but i've always just thought she had full nice thick hair

She does have really thick nice hair.  She just started doing the whole half wig thing to preserve her hair like you said.  She has worn lf's before though.
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 1:37am
Yes, her hair has always been nice and thick HOWEVER, I noticed last season that she had lightened her hair. (Ugly. I am not a fan of light hair on Black people). This is kindof what Gale did. She kept lightening her hair until it was almost blonde and then pop ... suddenly she was into the blondeish wigs and that's where she has stayed.

So Oprah tried the same thing and pop, now she's in the half wig behind her hairline thingy.

I think it looks bad  and unhealthly and the light sections are spotted kindof.

She had this last season and now this season but the previous 20 years she wore her own hair and had no problems with the heat etc alll those 20 years. So why would she suddenly be trying to preserve her hair.

It was the lightening element that did it. It damaged her hair - which certainly can't be a surprise! This is very clear to me on when on her bad days I see her sides/roots are somewhat kinky and dry. Confused

Her hair is now damaged from the lightening chemicals that's why she's wearing the half wigs now. (If I had her hair, I would have never changed a thing but now she's kind of in trouble just like an ordinary Black women  would be if they lightened their hair.)

Should have left it alone. Confused

Edited by Becky - Nov 21 2007 at 1:58am
Miss Tia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 4:25am
 Oprah may also have thinning hair and her hair may not be as full as it used to be...that happens sometimes as you age...
insomniac76 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 5:00am
Oprah has been wearing half wigs for several seasons now. i've never seen her in a LF and i watch the show EVERY day (tivo). However she often has shows where they show her "at home" where her hair is in cornrows or a curly weave and it certainly does not look like she has ANY issue with thinning AT ALL. Most likely she wears the falls to preserve her hair as stated. Her stylist has said in many articles that Oprah has very kinky hair naturally so i'm sure the falls give her versatility without beating up her own hair. I think her color choices look fantastic and show how a black women her age doesn't have to compromise sexiness. She always looks age appropriate and classy. Now EVERYONE cant be on point EVERYDAY and surely if i were in her position I'd be letting my stylist beat up those half wigs everyday before letting them torture MY hair over a 1 hour TV show. If I was a billionaire people would be lucky if they saw the back of my head ever. I'd be sitting at home getting massages 24/7. So im sure she's like "look im coming in there for 10 minutes- Put that fall on and lets GO!" she dont need to be frying her hair out for nobody.

ETA: Also KINKY doesn't automatically equal damaged or "dry" it equals NATURAL. We may be able to observe her roots being KINKY but unless we are Oprah or her stylist we have no idea whether or not its "dry". She may have been rockin' her cornrows under there or just didnt want to be bothered with heat or relaxers for a while. Saying that she's "in trouble" is 200% speculation, based on 0% of anything. Especially since we are talking about hair that we all agree we haven't even seen because she's WEARING HALF WIGS.... We're guessing... and MY guess is that her hair is just fine nestled safely under the half wigs.

Edited by insomniac76 - Nov 21 2007 at 5:16am
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 5:24am
By kinky .... I mean her hair is permed so if the roots are kinky ... then something is up.

I've watch Oprah since she was in the Chicago market only. I think I know what dry hair looks like. This is not rocket science.

Her hair was always healthy... she even made a comment that since she's been using Andre (I forget his name) that she has had no breakage.

Sure sometimes she puts it in cornrows when she is on hiatis but not on the show.

We are all free to have our own opnions but in my opinon .. since she gone to putting that lightener in her hair .. it's not been looking it's best.
It looks damaged.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 5:50am
IF she RELAXES her hair (not permed) and the roots are kinky, then its just that... RELAXED hair with KINKY roots. What's "up" is her new growth. And your right it not ROCKET science BUT it IS SCIENCE seeing as we ARE talking about CHEMICALS. and you can only know what YOUR hair looks like when its "dry" or maybe even the hair of anyone that you may be able to see and touch. But unless you have seen or touched Oprahs hair in person, which i'm assuming you haven't seeing as you haven't mentioned it in your posts thus far, i fail to see how you know its moisture content. As you stated, your post was an opinion which you are entitled to. However i'd like to know when you ever saw HER hair lightened seeing as we claim to be faithfully watching the same show and I have only seen her in half wigs for years, with the exception of her "at home" segments were she has worn cornrows or the curly weave without a stitch of color....
MattieMyGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 5:50am
Color + Relaxers sure did dry out MY hair....and even broke it off in some spots!  It took my stylist and I about a year to fix the problem! Everybodies hair can't take both relaxers AND color no matter how healthy the hair is. That's why I can't understand why some of us here on this board are suprised when their lf's get damaged when they color them AFTER they have been treated!  It's like rollin the dice!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 5:59am
oooh girl i KNOW i'm not arguing that at all. but last time I saw OPRAH's hair as in HER hair?? was YEARS ago, and it was dark as the midnight sky....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic