FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedOprah on Paula Deen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Everyone needs to stop using the N word. EVERYBODY.
I don't understand why Black  people want to 'take back' and 'own' words like this ... just so they can turn around ...and also use it against black people. Ermm

It would be different if Black people started using the N word against WHITE people but no ... it's against OTHER Black people? What for?

Backward.

Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:44pm
I love it when O tells the story of her grandmom working for whites as a maid and telling O to pay attention to her washing and cleaning so she could learn to do it too;  and maybe one day she will get a job working for some good white people. The whole while, O was thinking 'that won't be me.'

O said her grandmom would be  happy to know that she now has some good white people working for her.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

Winfrey also recounted a recent racist experience she endured while visiting Switzerland for Tina Turner's wedding. A shop worker who didn't recognize Winfrey refused to allow her to see an expensive bag on display because she assumed it was beyond the customer's means. Oprah said she left without making a scene, rather than give the clerk a commission.

oprah better than me cuz i woulda pulled a whole body muscle flexin on that mf

Edited by eanaj5 - Aug 06 2013 at 4:55pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Everyone needs to stop using the N word. EVERYBODY.
I don't understand why Black  people want to 'take back' and 'own' words like this ... just so they can turn around ...and also use it against black people. Ermm

It would be different if Black people started using the N word against WHITE people but no ... it's against OTHER Black people? What for?

Backward.

I have to agree with you there. Even though it's not the same intent when black people use it, it's still disturbing. I actually hate the new spelling that's making the rounds on bhm, you know the one that ends with uh. Everytime I see it, it turns my stomach. There's something profoundly ugly and sick about that new incarnation. I don't know why we remain attached to that damn word, re-appropriation or not.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

Oprah Winfrey on Paula Deen's N-word scandal: 'She was used as a symbol, but lots of people use the word inappropriately all the time'

The star of 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' says her door is open if Deen wants to revisit her show to talk about the racism controversy.

By Ethan Sacks / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

#static{height:38px;} #static td{vertical-align:top !important;} #static td td{vertical-align:middle !important;} #static .fb-like iframe{width:450px !important;} #static:after{content:".";display:block;height:0;clear:both;visibility:hidden;}

Winfrey also recounted a recent racist experience she endured while visiting Switzerland for Tina Turner's wedding. A shop worker who didn't recognize Winfrey refused to allow her to see an expensive bag on display because she assumed it was beyond the customer's means. Oprah said she left without making a scene, rather than give the clerk a commission.

oprah better than me cuz i woulda pulled a whole body muscle flexin on that mf
I'm upset that she quietly left the store. I'm cool with her not handing the bish a commission but she's Oprah. She could have contacted somebody and gotten that bish fired.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I love it when O tells the story of her grandmom working for whites as a maid and telling O to pay attention to her washing and cleaning so she could learn to do it too;  and maybe one day she will get a job working for some good white people. The whole while, O was thinking 'that won't be me.'

O said her grandmom would be  happy to know that she now has some good white people working for her.

YES! Heart that!
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:55pm
she will likely be fired anyways 

or kick her own self in the gut for cutting style on a billionaire
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:56pm
oprah isn't going to fry her BEFORE the interview

come now
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

she will likely be fired anyways 

or kick her own self in the gut for cutting style on a billionaire
I don't know, Ricky. Oprah didn't even mention the name of the store. For all we know, her superiors are not even aware of the situation.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:03pm
I don't know that Oprah was allll over Switzerland, she was likely in a small area and most everyone there probably recognized her

the process of elimination won't take long

Oprah probably wasn't willing to spend time on petty bullsh*t, she wasn't in dire need of a purse, the shopkeeper was probably in dire need of the commission ... but I get it, that it would have been helpful for the other black people that live there

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic