Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Oprah May No Longer Be Richest Black Woman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Oprah May No Longer Be Richest Black Woman

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2006
Location: southside holla
Status: Offline
Points: 237163
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

ok i don't feel like googling right now.  so..........is an oil block simply a specified block of land containing oil along with the rights to said oil?
 
Yes, I just googled for you. 
 
Funny enough.  The first result's first paragraph mentions Babangida giving oil blocks to his mistresses fraudlently. LOL
 
ahhhh ok thanks!!!!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 08 2010
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 305140
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

She prolly not even a real billionaire.

 
You in the running for hater of the year with all your hateful a$$ comments in this thread.

Forbes quoted her at 600 mil now some random ass africans are talkin' about she might be worth billions. Okay. 
Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 43235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:




Epitome made a statement i'm sure in jest that this lady made her wealth on her back and knees. You came and responded yeah most likely. I do not know how to quote posts you can find your statements on pg 2 or 3. You may not have meant to discredit this particular woman but that is exactly what you said.

I am not missing your point, I know what happens in Nigeria, but that has nothing to do with this PARTICULAR woman.

Never said dating a baller was on the level of receiving an oil block. I was defending my statement that just cause it happens alot doesn't mean that's how this lady made her money. I just so happened to use ballers and their girlfriends as an example because of the genralizations made about them. Don't see how you misunderstood that.
And as far as me defending this lady, I don't know maybe I want to marry her sons so I am defending my future mother in laws honor.

Shrugs...


 

 

It has everything to do with this woman because she is Nigerian.  A former president who is worth billions of dollars gave a woman a financial opportunity that has in turn made her a billionaire even though they are not married or related.  The article offers no explanation as to why and yet your are insinuating that I'm reaching when I say there is a chance that he did this because they had a romantic relationship.

 

Just like you claim I am assuming this woman did not earn her money, you are assuming she did.  You have no idea if what I've posted about the dynamics of wealthy Nigerian men and women pertains to this woman or not.  I also, have never said that I know for a fact that what I discussed is directly related to her.

 

At least I acknowledge I don't know it all...


There is a CNN segment on this lady it is on youtube. So unlike you I am not going by this article solely. They do exposes on people making a difference. I doubt CNN would choose someone doing work fraudulently. At first you said you were making a generalization but it is clear you are speaking about this woman specifically.
I am not pretending to know it all, I just refuse to go with a negative explanation for her wealth since neither of us know her personally or how she truly made her wealth. That is the difference.

Up Ms. Alakija keep growing your wealth and making a difference in your community!
 
So anyone who appears on CNN is incapable of having been a mistress of an infamous billionaire?  Ok.  The fact that she's a well-known philanthropist doesn't negate a single word I've posted.
 
I haven't given a negative explanation of her wealth.  I don't know how she made her money.  Once again, I've explained how many Nigerian women like her make theirs. 
 
The difference between your posts and mine is that you have an agenda, defending a stranger.  I am simply making statements about a culture I witness everyday.  All of what I've posted is common knowlege in Nigeria.
 
 
Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 43235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

She prolly not even a real billionaire.

 
You in the running for hater of the year with all your hateful a$$ comments in this thread.

Forbes quoted her at 600 mil now some random ass africans are talkin' about she might be worth billions. Okay. 
 
Well, yeah, the article is speculating on how much she has, so there is no proof that she is a billionaire.  Like I said, its nearly impossible to know how much any Nigerian is worth.  Its not like in the US where its the law to file your taxes every year.  There aren't regulations like that in Nigeria, so anyone can claim to make as little or as much as they like.  A lot of wealthy people here claim they are worth a lot less than they are because the wealth was earned fraudulently and they do not want further probing from the public.  So yeah, we will probably never know how much she's worth.
Back to Top
happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member


Joined: Mar 26 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9433
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:




Epitome made a statement i'm sure in jest that this lady made her wealth on her back and knees. You came and responded yeah most likely. I do not know how to quote posts you can find your statements on pg 2 or 3. You may not have meant to discredit this particular woman but that is exactly what you said.

I am not missing your point, I know what happens in Nigeria, but that has nothing to do with this PARTICULAR woman.

Never said dating a baller was on the level of receiving an oil block. I was defending my statement that just cause it happens alot doesn't mean that's how this lady made her money. I just so happened to use ballers and their girlfriends as an example because of the genralizations made about them. Don't see how you misunderstood that.
And as far as me defending this lady, I don't know maybe I want to marry her sons so I am defending my future mother in laws honor.

Shrugs...




 


 


It has everything to do with this woman because she is Nigerian.  A former president who is worth billions of dollars gave a woman a financial opportunity that has in turn made her a billionaire even though they are not married or related.  The article offers no explanation as to why and yet your are insinuating that I'm reaching when I say there is a chance that he did this because they had a romantic relationship.


 


Just like you claim I am assuming this woman did not earn her money, you are assuming she did.  You have no idea if what I've posted about the dynamics of wealthy Nigerian men and women pertains to this woman or not.  I also, have never said that I know for a fact that what I discussed is directly related to her.


 


At least I acknowledge I don't know it all...


There is a CNN segment on this lady it is on youtube. So unlike you I am not going by this article solely. They do exposes on people making a difference. I doubt CNN would choose someone doing work fraudulently. At first you said you were making a generalization but it is clear you are speaking about this woman specifically.
I am not pretending to know it all, I just refuse to go with a negative explanation for her wealth since neither of us know her personally or how she truly made her wealth. That is the difference.

Up Ms. Alakija keep growing your wealth and making a difference in your community!


 

So anyone who appears on CNN is incapable of having been a mistress of an infamous billionaire?  Ok.  The fact that she's a well-known philanthropist doesn't negate a single word I've posted.

 

I haven't given a negative explanation of her wealth.  I don't know how she made her money.  Once again, I've explained how many Nigerian women like her make theirs. 

 

The difference between your posts and mine is that you have an agenda, defending a stranger.  I am simply making statements about a culture I witness everyday.  All of what I've posted is common knowlege in Nigeria.

 

 

Of course I have an agenda to defend this woman why wouldn't I? She is a black woman building an empire and doing charity work. This article was about one woman not what other Nigerian women are doing. No one knows anyone's real worth except them and their accountant. Everything is an estimate. Even forbes has been proven wrong plenty of times. You weren't simply making a statement you were inferring that this woman made her wealth from non respectable ways. You were the one that mentioned only having the article to go by that's the only reason I brought up CNN. The article was not about Nigerian women it was about one Nigerian woman. The only reason to bring up generalizations was to infer that this woman was a mistress or whatever you said many Nigerian women do. Doing this all without any evidence!
Anyway this subject is tired and its nighttime in Nigeria so goodnight.
Back to Top
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Sep 25 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 279786
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 3:56pm
10:56 PM
Thursday, December 6, 2012 (WAT)
Time in Nigeria
Back to Top
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 15 2010
Location: Brick City
Status: Offline
Points: 160522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:01pm
Hey Alijaki let me hold summtin.
Back to Top
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Online
Points: 902219
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:19pm
lol

i love this place.



Back to Top
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 23 2008
Location: Happy
Status: Offline
Points: 28328
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:54pm
LOL
 
Oil is serious, my aunt is  wealthy and made major loot off oil she walks around like a hobo but her paper is loooooong. 
Back to Top
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Online
Points: 902219
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:28pm
did she get that off her back and knees too?

/sarcasm

(read thread if you havent)

Edited by afrokock - Dec 06 2012 at 5:30pm
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down