BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oprah May No Longer Be Richest Black Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:09am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

was anyone really throwing shade at Nigerians in this thread?
I don't really think so. At least that's not how I saw it.
Sponsored Links

uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

You actually did do that though, your exact quote was "yes most likely" to her getting her money from being on her backs and knees. Many women date ballers for his money does not mean every woman who dates a baller is doing it just for the money. At the end of the day there was no point in making a general statement about this lady unless you are going to tell us you know her personally? No matter if many wealthy Nigerian women ladies got their money off their back(which happens everywhere btw) doesn't mean that's how every rich Nigerian woman obtained her wealth.

I  made an accurate generalization about Nigerian society, not this woman in particular.  I also never said "ever rich Nigerian woman obtained her wealth" through a man. 

I don't understand why you are defending this woman against my statements when I never attacked her.  I simply said that many woman of her caliber in Nigeria made their money through a man they had a romantic relationship with. 

Oh and dating a baller does not compare to this.  Ballers do not GIVE women oil blocks.  Their wifes get alimony and child support if they are lucky.  Its not the same thing.  I'm talking about giving women lucrative contracts and business opportunities that they and their future generations can live off of.  Once again, you are so intent on defending this woman that you are missing the point of my statements.

Last, this AA/African/Caribbean thing is getting really old.  Lets please get over it BHM.  You all black.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:15am
has the thanks button always had a smiley face? Im just now noticing that when i thanked uppity
happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

You actually did do that though, your exact quote was "yes most likely" to her getting her money from being on her backs and knees. Many women date ballers for his money does not mean every woman who dates a baller is doing it just for the money. At the end of the day there was no point in making a general statement about this lady unless you are going to tell us you know her personally? No matter if many wealthy Nigerian women ladies got their money off their back(which happens everywhere btw) doesn't mean that's how every rich Nigerian woman obtained her wealth.

I  made an accurate generalization about Nigerian society, not this woman in particular.  I also never said "ever rich Nigerian woman obtained her wealth" through a man. 

I don't understand why you are defending this woman against my statements when I never attacked her.  I simply said that many woman of her caliber in Nigeria made their money through a man they had a romantic relationship with. 

Oh and dating a baller does not compare to this.  Ballers do not GIVE women oil blocks.  Their wifes get alimony and child support if they are lucky.  Its not the same thing.  I'm talking about giving women lucrative contracts and business opportunities that they and their future generations can live off of.  Once again, you are so intent on defending this woman that you are missing the point of my statements.

Last, this AA/African/Caribbean thing is getting really old.  Lets please get over it BHM.  You all black.

Epitome made a statement i'm sure in jest that this lady made her wealth on her back and knees. You came and responded yeah most likely. I do not know how to quote posts you can find your statements on pg 2 or 3. You may not have meant to discredit this particular woman but that is exactly what you said.

I am not missing your point, I know what happens in Nigeria, but that has nothing to do with this PARTICULAR woman.

Never said dating a baller was on the level of receiving an oil block. I was defending my statement that just cause it happens alot doesn't mean that's how this lady made her money. I just so happened to use ballers and their girlfriends as an example because of the genralizations made about them. Don't see how you misunderstood that.
And as far as me defending this lady, I don't know maybe I want to marry her sons so I am defending my future mother in laws honor.

Shrugs...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:20pm
ok i don't feel like googling right now.  so..........is an oil block simply a specified block of land containing oil along with the rights to said oil?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:45pm

Epitome made a statement i'm sure in jest that this lady made her wealth on her back and knees. You came and responded yeah most likely. I do not know how to quote posts you can find your statements on pg 2 or 3. You may not have meant to discredit this particular woman but that is exactly what you said.

I am not missing your point, I know what happens in Nigeria, but that has nothing to do with this PARTICULAR woman.

Never said dating a baller was on the level of receiving an oil block. I was defending my statement that just cause it happens alot doesn't mean that's how this lady made her money. I just so happened to use ballers and their girlfriends as an example because of the genralizations made about them. Don't see how you misunderstood that.
And as far as me defending this lady, I don't know maybe I want to marry her sons so I am defending my future mother in laws honor.

Shrugs...

It has everything to do with this woman because she is Nigerian.  A former president who is worth billions of dollars gave a woman a financial opportunity that has in turn made her a billionaire even though they are not married or related.  The article offers no explanation as to why and yet your are insinuating that I'm reaching when I say there is a chance that he did this because they had a romantic relationship.

Just like you claim I am assuming this woman did not earn her money, you are assuming she did.  You have no idea if what I've posted about the dynamics of wealthy Nigerian men and women pertains to this woman or not.  I also, have never said that I know for a fact that what I discussed is directly related to her.

At least I acknowledge I don't know it all...
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:48pm
People doing the utmost in this thread, acting brand new. I completely understand where uppity is coming from. She was GIVEN AN OIL BLOCK by a head of state, for heaven's sake...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

ok i don't feel like googling right now.  so..........is an oil block simply a specified block of land containing oil along with the rights to said oil?

Yes, I just googled for you. 

Funny enough.  The first result's first paragraph mentions Babangida giving oil blocks to his mistresses fraudlently. LOL
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

People doing the utmost in this thread, acting brand new. I completely understand where uppity is coming from. She was GIVEN AN OIL BLOCK b-ecause of head of state, for heaven's sake...
Post fixed for stirring the pot purposes only...Big smile
happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Shrugs...

It has everything to do with this woman because she is Nigerian.  A former president who is worth billions of dollars gave a woman a financial opportunity that has in turn made her a billionaire even though they are not married or related.  The article offers no explanation as to why and yet your are insinuating that I'm reaching when I say there is a chance that he did this because they had a romantic relationship.

Just like you claim I am assuming this woman did not earn her money, you are assuming she did.  You have no idea if what I've posted about the dynamics of wealthy Nigerian men and women pertains to this woman or not.  I also, have never said that I know for a fact that what I discussed is directly related to her.

At least I acknowledge I don't know it all...

There is a CNN segment on this lady it is on youtube. So unlike you I am not going by this article solely. They do exposes on people making a difference. I doubt CNN would choose someone doing work fraudulently. At first you said you were making a generalization but it is clear you are speaking about this woman specifically.
I am not pretending to know it all, I just refuse to go with a negative explanation for her wealth since neither of us know her personally or how she truly made her wealth. That is the difference.

Up Ms. Alakija keep growing your wealth and making a difference in your community!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic