Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oprah May No Longer Be Richest Black Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

All races insult one another, it's a fact.

I slander Puerto Ricans all the damn time, Jr.. where you at ?

Hello.

And let's not forget the North/South divide between Black Americans either. It's not exclusive to or toward any one particular group of people.
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:17pm
I think it's something that black folks just do....we make fun of people/things.
It's not that we hate them....it's just what we do.
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Unless you live there you wouldn't understand.  You can hide whatever the hell you want in Nigeria.  People do it everyday.  Make million dollar transactions illegally and no one would ever know.  It happens.  If you know the right people, you can get away with anything here.  I'm not speculating.  I know.

...and yes, its very possible her husband could know she's a concubine to a wealthy man and allow it.  I know a millionaire here who bankrolled his mistress's entire lavish wedding and the groom knew.  All three people are well-know in the country.  It happens.  A lot.

Do you live there? My family lives there and my friends live there too. People make million dollar transactions in the US too and no one knows either. So you are applying a situation of someone you do know to a woman you don't know. I still don't get how your experiences or stories have to do with this woman. If she was trying to hide her wealth she wouldn't have held on to the oil block she would have sold it like many others to bigger companies and gone to chill. The fact still remains she is a great business woman. I do not get why you are ready to believe the worst without evidence.

Yes I do.

I don't think the worst of anyone.  I made a general statement about wealthy Nigerian women that was true.  I never claimed to know the intracies of the particular women in the OP.  Tis all.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:22pm
That's fine that it happens to all races.
Im just saying yes it happens
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Afro, you were ready to come for me, huh? You mad, huh?
just a lil annoyed

if she wasnt nigerian, let alone african people wouldnt be insulting her legacy/achievements

crunk and wrong.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:26pm

And to show how myopic and blinkered you are being you didn't even consider other factors that affect agri an business dynamics such as political affiliation tribalism nepotism etc . But no... She was obviously someone..

Lol..

Funny.. but not in a haha way

i believe nepotism was mentioned on the first pageOuch
stay not reading and blindly throwing shots hoping to hit something
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:26pm

Lol..

I guess the only way a woman can make it in Africa is by busting it wide open..

Lol

Don't know about Africa, but in Nigeria, yes its very common.  Many women who receive oil blocks are mistresses to heads of states and political godfathers.  I never claimed to know exactly how this women made her money, I simply stated that Epitomie's assumption was widely common in the culture.  Funny enough, as much as you are putting so much energy defending these women, many of them are more than happy to boast (in public) that they made their millions from sleeping with these men.  I'm talking women 40+. 

Also want to add that there is a big difference from using your husband's or father's connections to get ahead and sleeping with a powerful man who directly gives you large sums of money or lucrative business opportunities.  The prior is more common in developed countries, the latter is very much common in the upper class of Nigerian culture. 

Like I said, there are very few legitimate ways for anyone to make money here.  The system is rigged.  Its a very corrupt country.  This has nothing to do with my perception of women's worth or potential, its just the reality of the environment here.

Edited by uppitynegroid - Dec 05 2012 at 3:29pm
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:10pm
Oh wow…
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

lol. family?
..... sure. 

It's true. I'm pretty accepted as AA, believe it or not. I was born and raised here. No one give me sh!t about being Nigerian. 

But my whole family is Nigerian. I had a cousin come over when I was 8. He went to my school. Everyone in the school called him all kinds of names. He grew up to play college football at Oklahoma St. though.

lol. not you. 
the guy who said were pretty much a big family. or something along those lines. 
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:20pm
i hate to say it, but this is a prime example of women tearing each other down. 
not that i care, please, continue. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System