Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Oprah & Iyanala Tackle Colorism (tonight 1/10)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

They need to get to the bottom of these niccas' love for white girls first.

yeah but do you really wanna start there because it may lead to a door step youre not comfortable with?   as much as we want to blame black men it didnt originate with them.

Details, please?

both black men and women were raped by slave masters but it was black women that gave birth to their children.  it was also black women for hundreds of years that raised both white and black children deciding who was worthy of preferential treatment, it may not have been by choice but they agreed.

LoL so you're saying they learned it from black women...?

yes but i dont see blame in it only agreement.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:28pm

yeah but do you really wanna start there because it may lead to a door step youre not comfortable with?   as much as we want to blame black men it didnt originate with them.

Details, please?

both black men and women were raped by slave masters but it was black women that gave birth to their children.  it was also black women for hundreds of years that raised both white and black children deciding who was worthy of preferential treatment, it may not have been by choice but they agreed.

So why do you think men today are more color/race struck than women are?
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:32pm

Details, please?

So why do you think men today are more color/race struck than women are?

because boys watch their mothers and pay very close attention. and i dont think men are more color stuck, its just that men have more options.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:37pm
@tatee, well about 20% of black men in America are color struck. Let's call an ace an ace. I do agree that they have more options though.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:37pm
I think when you've been told something for so long, you start to believe it...When you are told/showed that white women are the standard of beauty for your whole life, you start to believe it...
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:40pm
on the flip side, when you're told that DS/kinky hair/full lips are ugly/undesirable, you start to believe it. the home will forever be the epicenter of views on beauty and acceptance of one's own appearance.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

@tatee, well about 20% of black men in America are color struck. Let's call an ace an ace. I do agree that they have more options though.

i would argue that you played it safe with 20%
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 1:27am

i would argue that you played it safe with 20%

LOL
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 3:35am

Details, please?

Yes, White people STARTED it .. some 300 years ago.

The problem is Black people are the ones that keep it ALIVE and that’s why I don’t think it will ever change.

Otherwise, the first Black child born out of that system would have been told her skin was beautiful whether it was dark or light and the little boys would have been taught that all Black girls were pretty regardless of their color.

Instead many Black mothers treat their dark daughters badly like 'I'll slap the Black off you' or 'take your nappy head out of here' .. things like that. Or they out and out tell them they are ugly because they are dark and tell the light kids they are nice looking because they are light. Then of course the little boys pick this up and they only want to date light girls and the system goes on and on generation after generation. :(

This behavior IN THE BLACK FAMILY is the fault of the Black people themselves - not the White people.

If can't be that EVERYTHING that is wrong in the Black community is the responsibility of the White people because those slave owners died a long time ago and the White people today are not gonna come into a Black family’s home every day and help undo this damage in every interaction that goes on in the house. DUH! No, that’s up to us.

Because it's the family that defines your worth in life - not the TV or the movies. :( Otherwise why is that people grow up thinking it's okay to have sex at 13, get pregnant and smoke pot and end up on welfare?
If they watched TV .. they would see there are people that are studying hard, graduating, if they have sex ... it is responsible sex so they don't get pregnant and then they go off to college and major in Nursing and get job! So why don't all this messed up kids ... just watch TV and learn how to conduct themselves.

No, because they are learning that bad behaviour from the family.

Sometimes you hear about people that have some major handicap ... like no legs, but they go off to college and have a successful life. Why? They will always say 'Because my parents told me I could be anyone I wanted to be'. Duh! See ... it's the family.

That's what is missing in a lot of Black families.

I think Black people keep pointing the finger at White people so they can disavow themselves of any responsibility for treating other Black people like S*** based on their skin color.

That is why I think Black folks are doomed to repeat this system forever because they are unable to TAKE RESPONSIBILTY for keeping the system in place.

I am forever THANKFUL that my parents did not do this is my family but my cousins where COMPLETELY overcome with this system. I didn't understand what was going on as a child ... but when I grew up .. that's when it all came together and realized what they were doing.

and what a f**** up mess those dark girls turned out to be.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 11 2014 at 4:06am
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 3:37am

Umm it's more than 20%. Lets get real now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>