Perfect Hair Collection

Oprah finally speaks on Trayvon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

That's what I thought, but people were harder on her than him.

I already expressed my views on this on another thread, but I'll just say I understand why both of them exercise a lot of restraint in speaking out about issues concerning the black community
Disagree with the bolded. There's restraint and then there's damn near crickets. One has concrete power, the other has a fantastic platform. I don't accept the apologist perspective, especially when it comes to the prez.
Oprah, to some extent, I can understand it although I don't give her a complete pass.
She just recently made headway with OWN and she was in danger of losing her empire. So to some extent (emphasis on some), I can understand why she's cautious. But the prez is in his second term. No excuse there. They both should be doing better.

Yeah we can agree to disagree.  No one wants to be Black Jesus in America, and I understand why.  Its a lose/lose situation.  Obama learned his lesson after the Prof Gates controversy and I'm glad he did.
What has he got to lose at this point? It's his last term! Show some damn political courage. No one is asking him to be black Jesus. Just use his position to push certain agendas that he should push because blacks are part of his constituency just like women and gays and latinos. First term, I understood. Second term, I've run out of patience. But thread is about Oprah, lol.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 05 2013 at 3:44pm
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 3:45pm
I just pray we never have another black president. 
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I have my issues with Oprah, ESPECIALLY how she handled the Trayvon thing. But y'all are exaggerating a little. She has done some good things, it's not all negative.

my thoughts exactly.. 

and since when has she become the official voice for black folks? 

black folks have used their own voice they ain't looking, at least I ain't, for an official representative of the Trayvon's case.. 

the movie ain't make believe it is actual history and the bio of the butler a real person, that worked in the white house thru several administrations.. what did ya'll think the movie was about? fiction? 
bellaxoxoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bellaxoxoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 10:57pm
She reminds me of that woman Veronica on Tyler Perry's show, Haves/Have Nots. She's the one who tries to pretend like she doesn't remember where she's from, and/or she does not like to associate herself with Blacks. That's what Oprah is like. I don't like her anyway.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:00pm
Oprah was too busy saving lohan to interview Trayvon parents . She claim she would never pay for a interview . Paid that white girl 1 million bucks.

Edited by india100 - Aug 05 2013 at 11:01pm
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

bish bye
yup.

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I told yall she wasn't shat.  Nobody listens to meCry
lol i already knew. i dont support her or her nwo  own channel. im actually surprised i came in this and the other thread about her today. Confused
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:02am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Oprah was too busy saving lohan to interview Trayvon parents . She claim she would never pay for a interview . Paid that white girl 1 million bucks.
What????????????????? A million dollars for that psychotic crackhead?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic